AEM Forms integrates with Adobe Analytics that allows you to capture and track performance metrics for your published forms and documents. The objective behind analyzing these metrics is to make informed decisions based on data about the changes required to make forms or document more usable.
The analytics feature in AEM Forms is available as part of the AEM Forms add-on package. For information about installing the add-on package, see Installing and configuring AEM Forms.
In addition to the add-on package, you need an Adobe Analytics account. For information about the solution, see Adobe Analytics.
You can use Adobe Analytics to discover interaction patterns and problems users face while using adaptive forms, HTML5 forms, or adaptive documents. Out of the box, Adobe analytics tracks and stores information about the following parameters:
- Average fill time: Average time spent to fill the form.
- Renditions: Number of times a form is opened.
- Drafts: Number of times a form is saved in the draft state.
- Submissions: Number of times a form is submitted.
- Abort: Number of times the users leave without completing the form.
You can customize Adobe Analytics to add/remove more parameters. Along with the above information, the report contains following information about every panel of the HTML5 and adaptive form:
- Time: Time spent on the panel and the fields of the panel.
- Error: Number of errors encountered on the panel and on the fields of the panel.
- Help: Number of times a user opens help of a panel and the fields of the panel.
Analytics data is stored in customer-specific repositories called report suites. To create report suite and use Adobe Analytics, you must have a valid Adobe Marketing Cloud account. Before performing the following steps, ensure that you have a valid Adobe Marketing Cloud account.
Perform the following steps to create a report suite.
- formName: Identifier for an adaptive form.
- formInstance: Identifier of an adaptive form instance. Enable Path reports for this variable.
- fieldName: Identifier of an adaptive form field. Enable Path reports for this variable.
- panelName: Identifier of an adaptive form panel. Enable Path reports for this variable.
- source: Identifier of the referrer site.
- formTitle: Title of the form.
- fieldTitle: Title of the form field.
- panelTitle: Title of the form panel.
Navigate to Edit Settings > Conversion > Sucess Events. Define and enable the following success events:
An event number and prop number used to configure AEM Forms analytics must be different from event number and prop number used in AEM analytics configuration.
Cloud Service configuration is information about your Adobe Analytics account. The configuration enables Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) to connect to Adobe Analytics. Create a separate configuration for each Analytics account that you use.
When the Edit panel opens on the configuration page, fill in the fields:
- Company: Your company's name as featured on Adobe Analytics.
- Username: The name used to log in to Adobe Analytics.
- Password: The Adobe Analytics password for the above account.
- Data Center: The Data Center of your Adobe Analytics account.
An Adobe Analytics framework is a set of mappings between Adobe Analytics variables and AEM variables. Use a framework to configure how your forms populate data to Adobe Analytics reports. Frameworks are associated with an Adobe Analytics configuration. You can create multiple frameworks for each configuration.
Specify appropriate values for the following fields and click Save.
- SiteCatalyst Framework: Select the framework/configuration that you defined in the Set up a framework for tracking section.
- Field time tracking baseline: Specify the duration, in seconds, after which the field visit must be tracked.
- Analytics report sync cron: Specify cron expression for fetching reports from Adobe Analytics.
- Fetch report timeout: Specify the duration, in seconds, to wait for server to respond to the analytics report.
Click Forms > Forms & Documents, select a form or document, and click Enable Analytics. The analytics is enabled.
A. Enable Analytics button B. Selected form
For detailed information on viewing forms analytics reports, see Viewing and understanding AEM Forms analytics reports