What you'll need
Set up the Program Monitor to compare two clips, or to review the before and after appearance of a clip when working with visual effects.
Switch to Comparison View
- Click the Program Monitor Comparison View button or choose Comparison View in the Program Monitor Settings menu.
Choose a reference frame
- Drag on the Reference View mini-timeline, enter a specific time, or click Go to Next Edit or Go to Previous Edit to choose a reference frame.
Choose a split screen view
- Click the Vertical Split button or Horizontal Split button to switch to the split screen view.
- Click the Side by Side button to view separate frames.
Choose shot or frame comparison
- Click the Shot or Frame Comparison button to switch between a reference frame and the current clip in its previous state when adjusting visual effects.
- Click the Swap Sides button to switch current frame to the left or right.
Tip: Split screen shot comparison works with the Lumetri Scopes Waveform, making it useful for matching brightness levels precisely.
Original Media: “The Ancestor Simulation,” directed by Maxim Jago
Presenter: Maxim Jago