Having three drawing apps with overlapping functionality caused confusion for our users. By incorporating Line's unique features and tools into Photoshop Sketch and Illustrator Draw, it's easier to produce expressive drawings and create beautiful vector illustrations.
Existing Line users will continue to have access to the app. However, Line will not receive new updates or support, and will be removed from the app store on Oct 5.
To learn more about expressive painting with Photoshop Sketch and how to get the app, click here: https://www.adobe.com/products/sketch.html.
To learn more about vector drawing with Adobe Draw, and how to get the app, visit us: https://www.adobe.com/products/draw.html.
Yes, if you previously installed Line you can still use it, but no further updates or bug fixes will be provided. If you wish to install the app on another compatible device you will need to:
- Go to the app store
- Go to Purchased
- Select Not on this iPad
You will find Line on that list and be able to install it.
You need either a free or paid Creative Cloud membership. If you’re not already a member, you can sign up for a free Creative Cloud membership.
You can learn more about Line on these web pages:
- Visit the Adobe Illustrator Line product page
- Follow Adobe Drawing on Facebook and Twitter
You can group sketches into projects. Within a project, you can reorder the sketches or rename the project.
- To add a new project, tap the + icon located on the left bar. A new project with five blank
- Tap the name to rename the project.
- Drag the handles to reorder the drawings within the project.
- From the project banner, tap the Share icon.
- Tap Continue to Share. Drawings from the current project are displayed.
- Tap Edit to add or remove drawings. You can also add other files from Creative Cloud, Camera Roll, or even take a picture using the camera. Tap Continue.
- Select a cover image and tap Continue.
- Enter the information and tap Publish.
You can use the shapes you've added to Creative Cloud Libraries in Adobe Illustrator Line.
- On a drawing, tap the Shapes icon located on the top bar. The Shapes panel opens.
- Tap My Library. Tap Change Library to select another library.
- Use Adobe Slide or Touch Slide to cycle through the shapes in the library, and place them on the canvas.
- Double-tap the shape to add it.
You can download an asset from Creative Cloud Market, add it to a Library, and place it on your drawing.
- Tap the Add Layer icon and then choose Market.
- Browse locate an asset and then tap Download.
- Choose a Creative Cloud Library. You can also create a library.
- Tap Open. The asset is placed in your drawing.
- Adjust the layer opacity, and tap Paste into Background.
If required, you can send a drawing to Photoshop or Illustrator for further editing or finishing.
- Tap Share.
- Tap Send to Photoshop or Send to Illustrator.