Adobe XD supports the following formats:
The file is ignored if you attempt to drag any other file type into XD.
The file does not import with 100% fidelity if the SVG file you are importing contains one or more of these features:
- Unsupported stroke features: linecap, dasharray
- (Bitmap) mask
- Scale transformations (partially supported)
- Skew transformations
- Switch and foreignObject
- Blend modes
- Gradient transform
- Nested svg
The size limit for importing an SVG file into XD is 100 MB. If the file you want to import is larger than 100 MB, consider breaking it into several files and import them.
If you are still having trouble importing an SVG, verify that your SVG code is valid. You can use a validator tool (such as W3C Markup Validation Service) to test the validity of your SVG file.
The size limit for placing a vector graphic into XD is 100 MB. If the graphic you want to import is larger than 100 MB, consider breaking it into several graphics and then add them to Libraries. If the vector graphic contains an embedded image, ensure that the size of the image is less than 9 MB.
Your export may not have completed due to one of the following reasons:
- Your asset was too large. The size limit for exporting assets from XD is 16,000 x 16,000 pixels.
- You may be exporting to a read-only or a locked directory.
- One of the assets you may be exporting is under 1 x 1 pixels large, or an invalid object. For example, a path with only one point, or a text object with no text.
If you encountered a different scenario where exporting a file, report the issue in the Adobe Experience Design forum.