Adobe Sign for Microsoft Flow ver 2.0 introduces the Adobe Sign Triggers!
Five Adobe Sign based triggers have been added to the integration:
- When a new agreement is created
- When an agreement is sent to a participant
- When an agreement workflow is completed successfully
- When the state of an agreement changes
- When an event occurs
Microsoft Flow is a tool that connects different apps and services into coordinated multi-step workflows so that repetitive tasks can be automated without the need for complex API coding.
There are three Flow concepts that drive all workflows. The first is that all services can expose their API through a Connector to the service. Connectors may have Triggers that start flows. Connectors must have Actions that drive what happens within the Flow. There are common logical connectors between actions that control the workflow based on parameters generated by previous actions.
Adobe Sign is a natural participant in this ecosystem because the nature of signature processes usually involves preparation and review of the agreement prior to signature and notification and archival of the document after the agreement is signed.
Flow creates an environment where any supported service can be connected to another. Use cases for the Adobe Sign connector include:
- Starting a signature process from a service trigger
- Getting the status of a Sign process
- Moving documents from the Sign service to other repositories.
The Adobe Sign integration comes with twelve Actions. These actions can be coupled with any relevant Trigger, or added to other flows as part of a larger process:
- Upload a document and get a document ID
- Create an agreement from an uploaded document and send for signature
- Create a library template from an uploaded document
- Create an agreement from a document URL and send for signature
- Create a library template from a document URL
- Create an agreement from a library template and send for signature
- Get a list of all agreements
- Get a list of all library templates
- Get the status of an agreement
- Get a list of all the document IDs from an agreement
- Get a PDF of a signed agreement
- Get a document from an agreement
Eleven template flows are provided by Adobe Sign with this first release, giving a broad sample of some of the flows that can be produced using the Actions described above:
- Get signatures on a new asset in Creative Cloud
- Get signatures on a new file in Box
- Get signatures on a new file in Dropbox
- Get signatures on a new file in OneDrive
- Get signatures on a new file in OneDrive for Business
- Get approval on a new file in OneDrive for Business
- Get signatures on a new file in SharePoint
- Get signatures for a new SharePoint item using Adobe Sign Library
- Get signatures for a selected SharePoint item using Adobe Sign Library
- Get signatures on a selected file in SharePoint
- Get signatures for a selected SharePoint item