AEM Communities simplifies the creation and customizaton of community features such as forums, user groups, blogs, Q&A, calendars, comments, reviews, voting, ratings, and assignments. These features result in user generated content (UGC) being entered in the publish environment.
The foundation of a community site is the social component framework (SCF). Creation of a community site begins with the selection of a community site template that is composed of community functions.
For an overview and getting started tutorials, visit :
It is highly recommended to keep up-to-date with the latest releases.
- Social Component Framework : overview of framework and APIs
- SCF Handlebars Helpers : default helpers and how to write custom helpers
- Client-side Customization : customizing code that runs in browser
- Server-side Customization : customizing code that runs on server
- Storage Resource Provider (SRP) : overview of community content storage
- Coding Guidelines : guidelines, tips & tricks
- Community Components guide : interactive development tool
Community groups is the concept of allowing community members to form sub-communities within the community site. Creation of a community group may occur in the publish or author environment.
- Visit Deploying Communities to learn about recommended deployments and dispatcher configuration.
- Visit Administering Communities Sites to learn about creating a Community Site, configuring Community Site Templates, moderating community content, managing members, and configuring messaging.
- Visit Authoring Communities Components to learn how to author with and configure Communities components.