Ensure that nothing is selected in the beginning.
Best Practices for Working with InDesign Documents in AEM
Best practices to be followed to create an InDesign template and use it for creating Asset templates, catalogs, and other collateral.
If you plan to work with InDesign documents in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Adobe recommends that you adhere to certain best practices described in the following sections for optimal results.
Ensure that you have the following installed before starting AEM:
- InDesign Server 2017
- AEM 6.3 or higher
Best practices for tagging InDesign documents
Open the Tags panel and create some tags.
To open the Structure panel, go to View > Structure.
To add text, choose the T icon and draw a bounding box. Enter some text and formatting.
To add images:
- Place an image [File > Place].
- Choose from the local hard drive, and place on the screen. Then, embed the image in the template.
Map a tag to an object (image/text):
- Make sure nothing is selected.
- Select the text.
- Select Tag Frame from the context menu, and choose the tag you want to map this object with.
- Go to the structure and double-click/tap the tag to verify its mapping.
InDesign files of size greater than 70Mb are not suitable for importing into AEM.
Verifying InDesign tags in AEM
Ensure that XML file is correctly imported into AEM at the location /jcr:content/renditions/<filename>.xml.
Verify that the tags you created in InDesign are available in the imported XML file with correct values and conform to the correct structure.
Prihláste sa do svojho účtu
Rýchle odkazyZobraziť všetky vaše plány Spravujte svoje plány