Sometimes when creating or modifying classifications, your changes do not take effect. This article lists all known reasons why classification data is not reflected in reporting.
If you are using the Classification Rule Builder, remember that you must explicitly specify that your rules overwrite existing classification files. If you do not specify the rule to overwrite existing values, it skips over it without altering data. Follow these steps to verify that your rule overwrites existing values:
- Go to Admin > Classification Rule Builder.
- Click the Ruleset in question, and locate the rule you expect to be providing data.
- If the rule is already activated, click Deactivate. Otherwise, click Activate.
- A pop-up window appears with a checkbox at the bottom stating "Overwrite classifications for" with a dropdown. Specify your time period (up to six months), then click okay.
Classifications that were uploaded more than six months ago cannot be overwritten by the Rule Builder. Use the traditional file upload method if you want to overwrite these values.
Classification files can take up to 72 hours to process. If you recently uploaded a file and are confident that your data is accurate and complete, be patient. The servers that process the file require some time to relay it to all necessary locations.
If more than 72 hours have passed without classification file changes, have a Supported User contact Customer Care with the following information:
- The report suite ID the classification belongs to
- The name of the file uploaded
- The FTP location the file was uploaded to (if applicable)
- The date when the classification was initially uploaded
You can check to make sure that all existing values are classifying with the following:
- Go to Admin > Classification Importer
- Under the Browser Export tab, click the check box 'Rows with empty column' and select the classification value you want to check on
- Download the file.