AEM Communities 6.2 was released with Communities package version 1.9.
Feature packs identified as version 1.10 provide AEM Communities 6.2 with early releases of features destined for AEM Communities 6.3 (version 1.11).
All version 1.10 feature packs are specifically for the AEM 6.2 platform and the most recent is recommended to be installed. Each feature pack includes the fixes and improvements released in the previous feature packs.
If not installing version 1.10, be aware that future releases of version 1.9 will be limited and only to address specific issues.
The AEM platform service and fix packs never include updates to Communities features.
Communities updates and fixes are made available only through Communities feature packs.
After installing an AEM platform service pack, it is not necessary to re-install a Communities feature pack.
- 25 Apr 2017
- AEM Communities SCORM Engine for enablement feature
requires additional licensing for use in a production environment
- 12 Apr 2017
- compatible with all AEM 6.2 Communities releases
- Enablement 2.0 : the enablement features no longer store reporting information in MySQL. The MySQL dependency is only there for tracking SCORM content.
- improved member self-registration
- recover password/ID
- email verification
- migration tool
- ability for allow any member to view enablement resources and learning paths in the catalog
- social login update for Facebook API change (v2.2 not supported as of 3/25/2017)
- all fixes and improvements from previous versions
- 29 Aug 2016
- AEM Communities SCORM Engine, v1.0.54 (2 Sep 2016)
- Nested community groups within community sites
- Email notification
- Email subscription
- Email configuration
- Leaderboard feature
- Advanced scoring and badging rules for expertise detection
- One-click export of community sites
- Communities release notes
- known issues
There are currently no fixes without adding new features.
The latest feature package should be installed.
AEM Communities 6.2 provides :
- enhanced blogs for publish-side blogging and commenting
- enhanced QnAs for questions and best answer identification
- enhanced calendars for sharing community events
- enhanced bulk and in-context moderation experience
- enhanced following feature allowing immediate notifications on specific contributions or members
- new support for moving forum topics and QnA questions from one page to another
- new Adobe Analytics integration with built-in reporting dashboards
- new Community Activity List component for exposing current trends to members
- new community members and groups management features
- new enablement resources and learning paths management features allowing creation, organization and publishing of enablement materials to community members (with SCORM support)
- new catalog and assignments community functions allowing community members to view, comment on and evaluate enablement materials
- new scoring and badges features for identifying and rewarding community members
- new community member role, privileged members, which restricts the ability to create content to a group of community members
More details are available on the AEM Communities release notes page.
Included in the AEM 6.2 GA release (1 May 2016) is