The versions of AEM, CQ and CRX listed on this page are End of Life and no longer officially sold by Adobe. Our last versions of official documentation for these older versions are available for your self-help needs. We recommend you upgrade to the latest version (which currently is AEM 6.3).
To know when an AEM version will reach End of core support, have a look at Products and technical support periods and search CQ or AEM.
Before you download the package, determine who will consume the content. This decision will determine how it is deployed:
- Developers can install locally for quick reference.
- For broader organizational documentation needs, it is recommended the package is deployed on an internally accessible, non-production AEM Author instance.
Users must be logged into the AEM instance to access this content on AEM Author.
This content is not accessible by default on AEM Publish (as it exists under /libs).
|AEM Version||Package Share Link|
|AEM 6.0||Download AEM-DOCS-6.0 from Package Share|
|AEM 5.6.1||Download AEM-DOCS-5.6.1 from Package Share|
|AEM 5.6||Download AEM-DOCS-5.6 from Package Share|
|CQ 5.5||Download CQ-DOCS-5.5 from Package Share
|CQ 5.4||Download CQ-DOCS-5.4 from Package Share
|CQ 5.3||Download CQ-DOCS-5.3 from Package Share
|CRX 2.3||Download CRX-DOCS-2.3 from Package Share
|CRX 2.2||Download CRX-DOCS-2.2 from Package Share
|CRX 2.1||Download CRX-DOCS-2.1 from Package Share
|CRX 2.0||Download CRX-DOCS-2.0 from Package Share
In order to Install a legacy documentaiton package you must have AEM installed and running on your local drive or network drive.
- From the table above, select the link for the AEM Documentation version to download. For example, AEM 5.6.1.
- Login to Package Share using your Adobe ID. If you don't have an ID, create one.
- Select the Assets tab to download the file to your local drive.
- Select the link to download to disk. For example: AEM 5.6.1 Download to Disk. Save the file to your local drive or network drive.
- Here is an example of what you will see:
- Open the AEM UI. In a Web browser enter: http://localhost:4502/. Login as an Administrator.
- Select Tools > Deployment > Packages.
- From the Package Manager UI, select Upload Package.
- Browse to the location where you downloaded the AEM 5.6.1 package (aem-docs-5-6-1.zip).
- Select the package and click OK.
- Once the package has been uploaded you will need to install it.
- In Package Manager UI, locate the package and select Install.
- On the confirmation dialog select Install again. Note: the installation will take a few minutes.
- In a web browser, launch the documentaiton page. Using the AEM 5.6.1 example the URL would be: http://localhost:4502/libs/aem-docs/content/en/cq/5-6-1.html.
If you do have questions about any aspect of using Experience Manager, we highly recommend you reach out to our extremely experienced community experts in the AEM Forums. They are available round the clock to help you.