Methods for importing assets from Sketch
There are a few methods you can use to import assets from Sketch, including dragging Sketch assets into XD and opening a Sketch document in XD.
Note: While you can copy and paste from Sketch, to retain similar fidelity and editability, dragging that same content from Sketch into XD is preferred.
Tip: You can also export assets from Sketch and import those into your XD project.
Importing Sketch assets using the Open command
- Choose File > Open From Your Computer (MacOS) or click the menu in the upper-left corner and choose Open From Your Computer (Windows). Select a Sketch document and click Open. The Sketch document is opened in XD and converted to an editable XD document.
Note: You can only open Sketch files created using Sketch version 43 or newer.
Importing Sketch assets by dragging and dropping
- Open the Sketch file in Sketch.
- Select content in the Sketch document.
- In the Inspector on the right, click the plus (+) to the right of Make Exportable. Choose SVG from the Format menu.
- Drag the content from the Layers panel on the left into XD. The editable content is embedded in the XD document.