In the event of a local network problem or an outage on the Typekit font network, your website may report that it cannot connect to use.typekit.net or that it failed to load a resource from that domain.
If you see either of these errors, check the Typekit Status page for any known issues. Then send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Are the fonts loading on typekit.com for you?
- What Internet service provider do you use?
Run a traceroute to use.typekit.net and send us the output.
To perform a traceroute:
- Mac OS: Open the System Information tool from the Applications > Utilities folder, and choose Window > Network Utility. Select the Traceroute option and enter use.typekit.net in the network address box. Click Trace.
- Windows: Open the Command Prompt window and enter tracert use.typekit.net. Press Enter.
When the trace has finished, make a copy or screenshot of the results.
Use the web developer tools in the browser to look at your site's assets, and take a screenshot of the timeline for Typekit:
- Clear your site cache so that the Typekit files are requested from the network again.
- Select the network tab in the developer tools and keep it open.
- Go to the page that's giving you trouble. Verify that it loads and that the fonts still aren't loading properly.
- In the network tab, scroll down until you find the request from Typekit. The filename is your kit ID, either [kitid].js or [kitid].css. Take a screenshot.
- Select the kit filename, then select the Headers tab that appears.
- Resize the window so that all header info rows are visible. Take a screenshot.
This information will help the Typekit team determine where the connection between your computer and Typekit is failing.