Frequently Asked Questions about installing Adobe Exchange for Creative Cloud users
Download the Creative Cloud desktop app. You can also use Adobe Exchange as part of a trial of Creative Cloud.
No. Your download starts when you click the Install button from the product page on the Adobe Exchange website. The install button triggers the Creative Cloud desktop app to install the extension on your computer. Check the Where to Find It section of the product page for details on where the extension installs.
No, Adobe Exchange is intended for Creative Cloud users.
However, if your product is compatible with Creative Suite versions, mention the same in the product description on the right of the page rather than in the compatibility section.
Installation of a Creative Suite extension is unlikely to work with the Creative Cloud desktop app. Use the Install Issues link to download the zxp file and then use an extension install utility or the relevant Creative Suite version of Extension Manager to install the zxp file.
If the producer of your extension has not provided enough useful information in the Description and Where to Find It section, get in touch with the producer directly via the Exchange website. Click the producer name, then About to reveal their email address. Adobe is not an expert in the usage of any extension, and the advice is limited to the usability of specific extensions.
If you have purchased the full version of the product and haven’t downloaded a trial version, your serial number is sent to you by email from our e-commerce vendor, FastSpring. If you have any problems related to your serial number, get in touch with Adobe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not received your license key:
- Check whether you used a different email address for the purchase than your usual email.
- Check your spam and junk email folders for the message containing the serial number.
- If you still can’t find the key, contact us to get your serial number.
- Sign out of the Creative Cloud desktop app, and quit the program.
- Log out of the Adobe Exchange website, and clear the cache in your web browser.
- Uninstall Extension Manager from your computer.
- Restart your computer.
- Relaunch the Creative Cloud desktop app, and sign in.
- Log on to My Exchange. Select Uninstall, then select Install on the extension.
If you continue to get the same error:
- Check that you're logged into the Creative Cloud desktop app or Adobe Exchange website with the same Adobe account that you used to purchase the extension.
- Check whether you're an Enterprise customer. Enterprise customers cannot purchase extensions individually. If so, contact us to revoke the purchased license and get a refund.
- Email your order number to email@example.com
- Include ‘Enterprise user – refund request’ in the subject line.
The producer specifies the extension install location. It is important to read the Where to Find It section of each extension to find out where it is installed and if applicable where it is found in the relevant Creative Cloud app.
If it is not where it is supposed to be, restart your computer and recheck. In case it does not work, report any error messages recorded in the Creative Cloud desktop app’s toast message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include screenshots where possible.
Log into the Adobe Exchange website, and select My Exchange in the left pane or log in to the My Exchange page.
There is a compatibility window on the upper-right side of the home page of each individual extension that lists the operating system compatibility, application compatibility, and the application version number compatibility.
Transfer of purchases is not possible due to licensing restrictions. You'll need to cancel your earlier purchase and then purchase again using the correct email address. You can get a refund for the initial purchase if you cancel within 14 days of your purchase. If you need support, email us at email@example.com and include your Order ID (you can find it on a receipt emailed to you at the time of purchase) beginning with ‘ADO’. Note that canceling your earlier purchase disables the extension on the computer where you had installed it.
You are eligible for a refund only if you cancel within 14 days of the purchase. To get a refund, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your Order ID beginning with ‘ADO’ in the subject line of your email. You can find your Order ID on the invoice you received from Adobe Exchange Support when you purchased the extension.
Tip: Look for a mail from the following email addresses email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for your invoice.
Увійдіть до облікового запису