AEM Forms provides the complete source code of the AEM Forms app app. The source contains all components to build a custom AEM Forms app. The source code archive, adobe-lc-mobileworkspace-src-<version>.zip is a part of the adobe-aemfd-forms-app-src-pkg-<version>.zip package on package share.
To get the AEM Forms app source, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to package share
- Download the source package. When you download the package, it is added in your AEM Forms package manager.
- After it is downloaded, navigate to: http://<server>:<port>/crx/packmgr/index.jsp, and install adobe-aemfd-forms-app-src-pkg-<version>.zip.
- To download the source-code archive, open http://<server>:<port>/crx/de/content/forms/mobileapps/src/adobe-lc-mobileworkspace-src-<version>.zip in your browser.
The source package is downloaded on your device.
The following image displays the extracted contents of the adobe-lc-mobileworkspace-src-<version>.zip.
Launch Eclipse that comes with ADT bundle. (If ADT is not installed, first install ADT.)
For MAC users: Default location is Applications/ADT/eclipse/Eclipse. If the ADT is installed in any other location, update the local.properties file present in the [User_Home]/Projects/[your-project]/src/android folder and point the sdk.dir variable to ADT SDK location on your desktop.
For Windows users: Update the local.properties file present in the %HOMEPATH%\Projects\[your-project]\src\android folder and point the sdk.dir variable to ADT SDK location on your desktop.
After you have built the project, you can choose to install the app:
- Using Android Debug Bridge
- Using Eclipse
You can install the application on an Android device via the Android Debug Bridge with the following command:
For MAC users: adb install [User_Home]/Projects/[your-project]/adobe-lc-mobileworkspace-src-[version]/android/bin/MWSAndroid.apk
For Windows users: adb install %HOMEPATH%\Projects\[your-project]\adobe-lc-mobileworkspace-src-[version]\android\bin\MWSAndroid.apk