The following troubleshooting tips help solve the most common problems you may encounter when you integrate AEM with Adobe Campaign:
For both integrations, you can check whether HTTP-calls are sent (AEM > Adobe Campaign, Adobe Campaign > AEM):
- When integrations are failing, make sure that these calls arrive on the other end (to avoid firewall/SSL issues).
- For AEM functionality, you will see that json calls are requested from the AEM author interface; these should not result in an HTTP-500 error. If you see HTTP-500 errors, check the error.log for more information on this.
- Raising the debug level for campaign-classes in AEM also helps to troubleshoot issues.
Check the HTML source and validate that you can open the URL from the client machine. If the URL has localhost:4503 in it, then change the configuration of Day CQ Link Externalizer on your author instance to point to a publish instance that can be reached from the Adobe Campaign console machine.
Look for the following error message in Adobe Campaign:
No datasource defined in the instance 'default'.
Make sure the DNS alias used to access the server is correct (for example, avoid hard-coded IP addresses). (iRc=16384)
To fix this issue, change the following in $CAMPAIGN_HOME/conf/config-<instance-name>.xml:
<dataStore hosts="*" lang="en_GB">
In Adobe Campaign, ensure that you have no trailing slash (/) after the port number. See Configuring an external AEM account.
If you are starting the Apache HTTPD service and see the error "Warning: setlocale: LC_CTYPE cannot change locale" make sure that you have your en_CA.ISO-8859-15 locale installed on your system.
You can check whether it is installed by using local -a. If it is not installed you can patch /usr/local/neolane/nl6/env.sh script and change the locale to an installed one.
If you see the following error message in the AEM log file:
com.day.cq.mcm.campaign.impl.CampaignConnectorImpl Internal Adobe Campaign error: response body is Error while compiling script 'get_nms_amcGetSeedMetaData_jssp' line 45: String.prototype.toJSON called on incompatible XML.
Use the following workaround:
If when clicking the Synchronize button in Adobe Campaign 6.1, you see the following error:
Error while executing the method ‘aemListContent' of service 'nms:delivery'
To fix this issue, make sure the AEM connection-url configured in the External Accounts is reachable from the machine.
A switch from localhost to an IP-address solved this issue.
After clicking Synchronize, you get an error that a script on the pages has occured: Cannot parse XTK Date+Time 'undefined': not a valid XTK value.
This happens if there is still outdated Adobe Campaign information on the AEM instance. Solve this issue by reinstalling the AEM environment.
javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException: handshake alert: unrecognized_name at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.handshakeAlert(Unknown Source) at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.recvAlert(Unknown Source) at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source) at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source) at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.writeRecord(Unknown Source) at sun.security.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
With the following setup:
- Hosted Adobe Campaign using https for communication with AEM Author
- Reverse proxy terminating SSL
- On premise AEM Author instance
When trying to synchronize content in Adobe Campaign delivery, AEM returns a list of newsletters. However, the urls to the newsletters in the list are http addresses. When selecting one of the items in the list an error occurs.
To solve this issue:
- The dispatcher or reverse proxy needs to be configured to pass the original protocol as a header.
- The Apache Felix Http Service SSL Filter in the OSGi configuration (http://<host>:<port>/system/console/configMgr) needs to be configured to the respective header settings. See http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-http-service.html#using-the-ssl-filter
When creating a mail template for Adobe Campaign, you must include the property acMapping with the value mapRecipient in the jcr:content node of the template, or you will not be able to select the Adobe Campaign template in Page Properties of AEM (field is disabled).
When using your custom template, you get the error "com.day.cq.mcm.campaign.servlets.util.ParameterMapper" in your logs. In this event, be sure to install Featurepack 6576 from Package Share. This is an issue where if the acMapping property is set to a value other than recipient.firstName, a blank value is created on the Adobe Campaign Manager side.