You need to promote launch pages to move the content back into the source (production) before publishing. When a launch page is promoted, the corresponding page of the source pages is replaced with the content of the promoted page. The following options are available when promoting a launch page:
- Whether to promote only the current page or the entire launch.
- Whether to promote the child pages of the current page.
- Whether to promote the full launch or only pages that have changed.
To promote pages, perform the following steps while editing the launch page that you want to promote:
Use workflow models to perform bulk processing of promoted Launches pages:
- Create a workflow package.
- When authors promote Launch pages, they store them in the workflow package.
- Start a workflow model using the package as the payload.
To start a workflow automatically when pages are promoted, configure a workflow launcher for the package node.
For example, you can automatically generate page activation requests when authors promote Launches pages. Configure a workflow launcher to start the Request Activation workflow when the package node is modified.