May 13th, 2014
In today's scheduled release we've updated Flash Player and AIR with important bug and security fixes.
With today's release, we have also updated the Flash Player "Extended Support Release" from version 11.7 to today's version 13 build. Enterprise customers that require the Extended Support Release will need to install version 13 updates going forward for future security updates.
If you encounter any problems with this release, please let us know using the bug database or Community links below.
April 28th, 2014
In today's release we are updating Flash Player with an important security update. We recommend users upgrade to this release.
April 16th, 2014
In today's release we are updating the Macintosh Flash Player plug-in for Safari and Firefox. This resolves an issue that was causing Flash Player to crash on a subset of Apple systems built between 2006 and 2008. This bug was Macintosh specific, and no other platforms were impacted.
April 8th, 2014
Welcome to the Flash Player 13 and AIR 13 release notes! In today's scheduled release, we've updated both Flash Player and AIR with new and improved functionality, important bug fixes and security updates. For full details, please see the appropriate sections below.
Please note that the AIR Runtime and SDK version number has now been increased to 13, bringing it in sync with Flash Player.
We hope you enjoy this release. If you encounter any problems please us know by posting issues to our public bug database. For installation or usage help, please visit our community forums for assistance.
Adobe Bug Database - https://bugbase.adobe.com
Flash Player Community - http://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/bd-p/flash-player?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all
AIR Community - http://community.adobe.com/t5/air/bd-p/air?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all
May 13th, 2014
- 3718581 : compile-abc.exe crashes when package a nape physics game with –useLegacyAOT.
- 3694360 : -useLegacyAOT no causes logic failures in static function special scenario.
- Multiple security and stability fixes
Flash Player Bugs
- Multiple security and stability fixes
April 16th, 2014
Flash Player Bugs
- 3739504: [Mac] Compiler change causes Flash Player to crash on load
April 8th, 2014
- 3674152 : MOUSE_MOVE not dispatched when middle mouse button held down on OS X
- 3679036 : missing chinese font in Android 4.4
- 3697497 : [iOS] Icon 60x60 support should be added for iPhones with iOS7.
- 3705986 : [iOS] New packaging engine fails to package KingsRoad
- 3696434 : [iOS] -useLegacyAOT no doesn't seem to work when Debugging on Device
- 3658334 : [iOS]Stage goes blank after device rotation
- 3689122 : [iOS]StageText charcode always return 0 on iOS.
- 3722002 : Not able to debug AIR app in iOS iPhone Simulator after updating Xcode to 5.1
- 3681900 : Deprecated API usage for QuickTime in AIR runtime
Flash Player Bugs
- 3620987 : TextBlock.findPreviousAtomBoundary incorrect after TextElement.replaceText when discretionary hyphens are used
- 3683154 : Cannot get a get swf file to play in Chrome browser
- 3683745 : API documentation says Event.PASTE says bubbles == false, but it is true in Flash Player
- 3690516 : TextField scrolls when it shouldn't, because it's including/considering trailing non-zero "leading" value
- 3693856 : [windows 8.1]PrintJob start() method is still crashed
- 3702884 : Flash 13 Beta: ActiveX invalidation no longer functions
- 3703799 : New version 188.8.131.52 doesn't fully install and failure to install blocks all media playing capability
- 3717098 : Exclude Windows 8.x from CUPT & SCUP catalog for ActiveX installation
- 3058752 : The 'Press ESC to exit full screen' dialog has been moved to the top of the screen for non stage video
- 3617020 : Addresses an issue where Flash Player was polling GamePad before the GamePad API was invoked
- 3683154 : [Chrome] sciencenetlinks.com - Resolves an issue where content would not load completely in rare instances where a PPAPI getDownloadProgress event was not received
- 3679210 : Resolved an issue where TextBlock.findPreviousAtomBoundary would return an incorrect value if it was called after TextElement.replaceText when discretionary hyphens were used
- 3679537 : [OS X 10.9] Flash Player's native control panel can now be launched through the right-click context menu as expected. [Requires OS X 10.9.1 (13B40) or higher]
- 3680211 : Resolves an issue where Flash Player would stop rendering when embedded in a page that also contains WebGL Canvas element and was forced to fall back to software rendering.
- 3679556 : [Win8.1] starwars.com - Full Screen content now renders in Full-Screen mode
- 3685541 : [Win8.1] Flash Player now handles IVS characters and surrogate pairs correctly in TextFields.
- 3697077 : [Win8.1] nba.com - Video controls are now correctly displayed in Full-Screen Mode
- 3685519 : [Win8.x] Pressing the Menu key on the software keyboard now correctly triggers the right-click context menu when in Modern mode.
- 3689360 : [Win8.x] Yahoo Messenger - The logo is now displayed correctly, instead of a black rectangle.
- 3702323 : Resolves a intermittent hang encountered when playing Encrypted HLS content
- 3652266 : Resolves performance and reliability issues encountered when scrubbing FLV videos produced by Flash Professional
- 3710237 : [HTTP Live Streaming] - Resolves a slow memory leak.
- 3699038 : [HTTP Live Streaming] - When switching from an Audio/Video stream to an Audio-Only stream, audio now stays in sync with main content
- 3697077 : [Win 8.1] - Video controls now display correctly in Full-Screen mode on www.nba.com
- 3703367 : [Win 8.x] - Resolves an issue where videos in Full-Screen mode were cut off when the zoom setting was greater than 100% on cnn.com
- 3685522 : [Win 8.x RT] - Corrects graphics rendering corruption in Cityville when placing new buildings
- 3698459 : [Win 8.x] - Local video playback will now start automatically when PlayTo is disconnected during playback
- 3698456 : [Win 8.x] - PlayTo will now start in the correct location when switching between the Digital Media Renderer and the local PC
- 3714236 : Chrome Mac][HTTP Live Streaming] Resolves an issue where enabling the ABR switch caused flickering
- 3712302 : [Safari 7] ProductManager.isAllowed() now returns the correct value
- 3711206 : [HTTP Live Streaming] Switching from an Audio-only stream to an Audio/Video stream now works as expected
- 3696436 : Users can be upgraded to vulnerable beta builds (windows only)Installing a release build over a beta build, or vice versa,without first uninstalling Flash Player is now prohibited. Attempting to install a release build over a beta build (and vice versa) without first uninstalling will result in an error dialog and error 1161 reported in the log file. Downgrading beta builds is now prohibited without first uninstalling Flash Player, using the latest beta uninstaller. Attempting to downgrade the beta Flash Player will results in an error dialog and error 1162 reported in the log file.
- Enhanced Supplementary Character Support for TextField
Characters from the Basic Multilingual Plane (BMP) with Unicode code points between U+10000 and U+10FFFF now work correctly in TextField controls. This change greatly enlarges the code point range we support, and now includes characters like emoticons and complex CCJK characters.
- New Stage3D Texture Wrapping Modes
Developers can currently set the wrapping mode of a texture to either clamp or repeat. Using the repeat option will repeat the texture on both the U and V axis. However, in some use cases, you may only want to repeat the texture on either the u or v axis.
This is now possible with the introduction of two new parameters:
REPEAT_U_CLAMP_V and CLAMP_U_REPEAT_V
- Stage3D Anti-Aliasing for Texture Rendering
Anti-Aliasing is a useful for improving perceived image quality. Hardware based Multisampling Anti-Aliasing (MSAA) is now available on all desktop platforms. To enable MSAA, set the level from 0 to 4 using the antiAlias property of the Context3D.setRenderToTexture() method.
0 = 1 subsample, no antialiasing
1 = 2 subsamples, minimum quality antialiasing
2 = 4 subsamples, medium quality antialiasing
3 = 8 subsamples, high quality antialiasing
4 = 16 subsamples, maximum quality antialiasing
- GamePreview with Adobe AIR
Adobe AIR’s new Game Preview feature (for Android platforms only) lets users try your game and experience it first hand without installing a separate application. This feature is not restricted to games built using AIR but is available to all developers, irrespective of the technology that you may use to build your application. The fact that the AIR runtime is installed on more than 50 million devices, greatly multiplies the chances of your game being previewed and subsequently installed by game enthusiasts. Please see Game Preview With Adobe AIR for more details.
- Improved Packaging Engine - iOS - BETA
Here is an example ADT command for compiling an applications using “-useLegacyAOT no":
- Relocated Full Screen Video Warning to Top of Screen
We've made a small tweak to the "Press Esc to exit full screen mode" warning that is displayed for full screen video. We've received feedback from developers and users that the dialog obscures content. We wanted to make a change that both satisfies security concerns and customer viewing enjoyment. To reduce the impact of the dialog on the on-screen content, we've moved the dialog to the top of the screen.
|Flash Player Desktop (Win Internet Explorer)||184.108.40.206
|Flash Player Desktop (Win Other Browsers)||220.127.116.11
|Flash Player Desktop (Mac)||18.104.22.168
|Flash Player Desktop (Linux)||22.214.171.1249|
|Flash Player Enterprise 13 (Mac and Win)||126.96.36.199
|Flash Player Desktop (Win 8)||188.8.131.52
|Flash Player Desktop (Win 8.1)||184.108.40.206|
|Flash Player Desktop (Chrome)||220.127.116.11
|AIR Desktop (Win)||18.104.22.168|
|AIR Desktop (Mac)||22.214.171.124
|AIR SDK & Compiler(Win)||126.96.36.199
|AIR SDK & Compiler(Mac)||188.8.131.52
- Bug 3727760 - ActionScript debugging/running doesn’t work in iOS Simulator from Flash Builder 4.7 when Xcode below 5.x is installed.
Authoring for Flash Player 13
To use the new Flash Player, you will need to target SWF version 24 by passing "-swf-version=24" as an extra compiler argument to the ASC 2.0 compiler. Detailed directions are below.
- Download the new playerglobal.swc for Flash Player 13
- Download and install Flash Builder 4.7 from Creative Cloud: https://creative.adobe.com/products/flash-builder
- Backup the existing AIR SDK if you need to restore it later then replace the bundled AIR SDK with the AIR 13 SDK. To do this, unzip the AIR 13 SDK to this location:
- MacOS: /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/eclipse/plugins/com.adobe.flash.compiler_184.108.40.2068297/AIRSDK
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64Bit)\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flash.compiler_220.127.116.119722\AIRSDK\
- In Flash Builder, create a new project: File -> New -> project.
- Open the project Properties panel (right-click and chose 'Properties').
- Select ActionScriptCompiler from the list on the left.
- Add "-swf-version=24" to the 'Additional compiler arguments' field.
- This ensures the outputted SWF targets SWF version 24. If you compile on the command-line and not in Flash Builder, you need to add the same compiler argument.
- Ensure you have installed the new Flash Player 13 build in your browser.
Authoring for AIR 13 Update to the AIR 13 namespace
You must update your application descriptor file to the 13 namespace in order to access the new AIR 13 APIs and behavior. If your application does not require the new AIR 13 APIs and behavior, you are not required to update the namespace. However, we recommend all users start using the AIR 13 namespace even if you are not yet taking advantage of the new 13 capabilities. To update the namespace, change the xmlns attribute in your application descriptor to: <application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/13.0">
Found a bug? Please submit a bug to the Flash Player and Adobe AIR bug database.
Flash Player and AIR may leverage your graphics hardware to decode and play H.264 video. There may be video issues that can only be reproduced with your particular graphics hardware and driver. When reporting an issue involving video, it is essential to note your graphics hardware and driver, along with your operating system and browser (when using Flash Player), so that we can reproduce and investigate issues. Please be sure to include this information as described in Instructions for Reporting Video Playback Issues. Note: Due to the high volume of email we receive, we are unable to respond to every request.
Thank you for using Adobe® Flash Player® and AIR® and for taking the time to send us your feedback!
|Release Date||Runtime Version||Security Enhancements|
|May 13th, 2014||Flash Player Desktop (Win & Mac) 18.104.22.168
Flash Player Desktop (Linux) 22.214.171.1249
Flash Player Enterprise (Mac & Win) 126.96.36.199
AIR (SDK & Runtme) 188.8.131.52
|April 28th, 2014||Flash Player Desktop (Win & Mac) 184.108.40.206
Flash Player Desktop (Linux) 220.127.116.116
Flash Player Enterprise (Mac & Win) 11.7.700.279
|April 16th, 2014||Flash Player Desktop (Mac) 18.104.22.168|
|April 8th, 2014||Flash Player Desktop (Win & Mac) 22.214.171.124
Flash Player Desktop (Linux) 126.96.36.1990
Flash Player Enterprise (Mac & Win) 11.7.700.275
AIR (SDK & Android) 188.8.131.52
|March 11th, 2014||Flash Player Desktop (Win & Mac) 184.108.40.206
Flash Player Desktop (Linux) 220.127.116.116
Flash Player Enterprise (Mac & Win) 11.7.700.272
AIR (SDK & Android) 18.104.22.1688
|February 20th, 2014||Flash Player Desktop (Win & Mac) 22.214.171.124
Flash Player Desktop (Linux) 126.96.36.1991
Flash Player Enterprise (Mac & Win) 11.7.700.269
AIR (SDK & Android) 188.8.131.528
|February 4th, 2014||Flash Player Desktop (Win & Mac) 184.108.40.206
Flash Player Desktop (Linux) 220.127.116.116
Flash Player Enterprise (Mac & Win) 11.7.700.261
|January 14th, 2014||Flash Player Desktop (Win & Mac) 18.104.22.168
Flash Player Desktop (Linux) 22.214.171.1245
Flash Player Enterprise (Mac & Win) 11.7.700.260
AIR (Win, Mac, iOS, & Android) 126.96.36.1990
|December 10th, 2013||Flash Player Desktop (Win & Mac) 11.9.900.170
Flash Player Desktop (Linux) 188.8.131.522
Flash Player Enterprise (Mac & Win) 11.7.700.257
AIR (Win, Mac, iOS, & Android) 184.108.40.2060
|November 12th, 2013||Flash Player Desktop (Win & Mac) 11.9.900.152
Flash Player Desktop (Linux) 220.127.116.117
Flash Player Enterprise (Mac & Win) 11.7.700.252
AIR (Win, Mac, iOS, & Android) 18.104.22.1680
|October 8th, 2013||Flash Player Desktop (Win & Mac) 11.9.900.117
Flash Player Desktop (Linux)22.214.171.1240
Flash Player Enterprise 11.7 (Mac and Win)11.7.700.242
AIR Desktop (Win & Mac) 126.96.36.1990
AIR Android 188.8.131.520
AIR SDK & Compiler(Win & Mac) 184.108.40.2060
AIR SDK(Win & Mac) 220.127.116.110
|September 19th, 2013||Flash Player Desktop (Windows ActiveX): 11.8.800.175||-|
|September 13th, 2013||Flash Player Desktop (Windows ActiveX): 11.8.800.174||-|
|September 10th, 2013||Flash Player Desktop (Win & Mac): 11.8.800.168
Flash Player Desktop (Linux): 18.104.22.1680
Flash Player Android (ICS): 22.214.171.124
Flash Player Android (Pre-ICS): 126.96.36.199
Flash Player Desktop (Chrome): 11.8.800.170
Flash Player Enterprise 11.7 (Mac & Win): 11.7.700.242
AIR Runtime and SDK (All Platforms): 188.8.131.520
|August 29th, 2013||AIR Runtime & SDK 184.108.40.2060 (Win & Mac)||-|
|July 24th, 2013||AIR Runtime & SDK 220.127.116.110 (Win)
AIR Runtime & SDK 18.104.22.1680 (Mac)
|July 9th, 2013||Flash Player for Desktop(Win, Mac): 11.8.800.94
Flash Player for Win 8: 11.8.800.94
Flash Player for Chrome: 11.8.800.97
|June 11th, 2013||
Flash Player for Desktop(Mac): 117.700.225
|May 21st, 2013||Flash Player for Desktop(Windows, Mac): 11.7.700.203
Flash Player (Chrome): 11.7.700.203
|May 14th, 2013||Flash Player for Desktop(Windows, Mac): 11.7.700.202
AIR Desktop, iOS, Android: 22.214.171.1240
AIR SDK & Compiler: 126.96.36.1990
|April 9th, 2013||Flash Player for Desktop(Windows, Mac): 11.7.700.169
Flash Player for Chrome: 11.7.700.179
AIR Desktop, iOS: 188.8.131.520
AIR Android: 184.108.40.2060
AIR SDK: 220.127.116.110
AIR SDK & Compiler: 18.104.22.1680
|March 12th, 2013|| Flash Player for Desktop(Windows, Mac): 11.6.602.280
AIR Windows, Mac, Android, iOS: 22.214.171.12490
AIR SDK: 126.96.36.19990
AIR SDK & Compiler: 188.8.131.5290
|February 26th, 2013||Flash Player for Desktop (Windows, Mac): 11.6.602.171||APSB13-08|
|February 12th, 2013||Flash Player for Desktop(Windows): 11.6.602.168
Flash Player for Desktop(Mac): 11.6.602.167
AIR Windows, Mac, Android, iOS: 184.108.40.2067
AIR SDK & Compiler: 220.127.116.119
|February 7th, 2013||Flash Player for Desktop(Windows, Mac): 11.5.502.149||APSB13-04|
|January 8th, 2013||Flash Player Desktop (Windows,Mac): 11.5.502.146
AIR (Windows,Mac, Mobile): 18.104.22.1680
AIR SDK: 22.214.171.1240
|December 11th, 2012||Flash Player Desktop Windows: 11.5.502.135
Flash Player Desktop Mac: 11.5.502.136
AIR Windows, Android: 126.96.36.1990
AIR Mac: 188.8.131.520
|November 6th, 2012||Flash Player Desktop (Windows, Mac): 11.5.502.110
AIR (Windows, Mac, Mobile): 184.108.40.2060
AIR SDK: 220.127.116.110
|October 8th, 2012|| Flash Player Desktop (Windows, Mac): 11.4.402.287
AIR (Windows, Mac, Mobile): 18.104.22.16810
AIR SDK: 22.214.171.12410