Known issues and defects fixed in Dreamweaver CC 2017 releases
Last updated on May 16, 2021 05:17:23 AM GMT
This document provides information about known issues and bugs fixed in Dreamweaver CC 2017 releases, with links to workarounds where applicable.
Known issues in Dreamweaver CC 2017 update (17.5)
- Subtitles for Quick Tutorial videos do not appear in French when you install Dreamweaver using French Canadian language in the Creative Cloud application.
- File operations like open, save, switching between files, etc. are slow if the local path to your site is located on a mapped network drive. To improve the file operations speed, specify the remote path in the Site Setup dialog box when you create a site.
- When you add a folder to .gitignore, files other than untracked files are also grayed out.
- When you open and close Git Bash in Dreamweaver, you see an error message.
- The buttons in the Git panel do not respond when css files are getting compiled in the repository.
- You are not able to discard attachment of a css file from the Git panel.
- Git in Dreamweaver currently does not support access to enterprise accounts that require two factor authentication using https.
- With the Russian keyboard enabled on Windows, if you press Ctrl+D in Code View, the current line is deleted.
Known issues in Dreamweaver CC 2017 update (17.1)
- If your search query contains a double-byte character, it is treated as a special character, and the Match Whole Word filter is disabled.
- Find and Replace is not enabled for Quick Edit and Code Inspector.
Known issues in Dreamweaver CC 2017 update (17.0.2)
- You cannot open Campaign files from the Campaign web portal if Dreamweaver is open.
- An admin cannot install the Campaign extensions for all users on their machines.
- In localized versions of Dreamweaver 17.0.2, the version number in the About box still displays 17.0.1 instead of 17.0.2.
Update to Dreamweaver CC 2017 release (17.0.1)
Known issues in Dreamweaver CC 2017 update (17.0.1)
- You cannot rename a user-defined code theme on Windows operating systems, if the system user name contains non-ASCII characters.
- Auto compilation is not triggered on file save for newly created/copied partials in current site.
- Generated CSS files for SASS/Less are not auto pushed to remote server though the preference "Automatically upload files to server on Save" is selected in Site Setup.
- (Windows only) Slight offset while using Quick Edit in Hi-DPI monitors.
- The keyboard shortcut for Open in Browser (F12) actually provides real-time preview. To avoid this issue, use the menu option instead of the keyboard shortcut.
Defects fixed in Dreamweaver CC 2017 update (17.0.1)
Dreamweaver CC 2017 (December update) contains fixes for the following issues:
- (Windows only) Fixed UI layout issues on HiDPI screens, such as the Preferences window that overflowed visible screen area.
- (Mac OS only) Clicking OK in "Configure RDS Server" dialog was not saving RDS settings.
- Custom file extensions added in MMDocumentTypes.xml are opened as plain text files without code coloring.
- The @rules in CSS are not colored differently from classes or ID selectors.
- ID and class code hints are not displayed on typing . (period) or # in related CSS files.
- Cursor position in Code-Code view and Code Inspector was not independent and clicking either of the views was syncing IP position in both code windows.
- On applying code formatting for shorthand PHP blocks, syntax is broken.
- In Korean and Japanese locales, compound characters disappear while typing and clicking outside current IP position or pressing Spacebar.
- (Windows only) Selected path for Compass config.rb is suffixed with / in Site Setup > CSS Preprocessor > Compass.
- Choosing Insert > Hyperlink does not insert hyperlink in code.
- User selected font in Preferences > Font is not applied in Code view.
- Focus is lost from Code view on clicking the Tag Selector.
- Pressing Ctrl/Cmd++ or Ctrl/Cmd+– in Code view does not zoom in or zoom out code font size.
- On clicking the Replace All button in the Find and Replace dialog, Dreamweaver does not replace all matching instances in template files.
- (Windows only) Skip and Add Next Match to Selection keyboard shortcut does not function.
- Dreamweaver CC 2017 does not automatically save open documents if you retain preferences while upgrading from Dreamweaver CC 2015.
Dreamweaver CC 2017 (17.0)
Auto-save and auto-recovery
- If Dreamweaver crashes with any dialog box open, changes made to the files just before you opened the dialog box may not be recovered.
- Dreamweaver CC 2017 does not automatically save open documents if you retain preferences while upgrading from Dreamweaver CC 2015. For more information and a fix for this issue, see Auto save is disabled when you migrate preferences from Dreamweaver CC 2015.
- Code view Zoom in/out KB shortcuts Ctrl/Cmd++ or Ctrl/Cmd+– does not work. To work around this issue, press Ctrl/Cmd+0 once and then try to zoom in/out.
- Code Hint Tools in Code view context menu are not functional.
- ID selectors code hints are not displayed for ID attribute in HTML tags.
- (Windows only) Line numbers are not highlighted in red for CSS Preprocessor errors in SCSS files.
- (Mac OS only) Clicking tag selector can sometimes lead to Code view losing focus.
- (Mac OS only) You cannot insert recent snippets using Insert > Recent Snippets menu.
- Related CSS files appear blank if you edit a CSS property in CSS Designer, or if you edit CSS in Live view. To see the file again, click the source code and open the CSS file again to see the code.
In Dreamweaver's light theme, the icons in the Property Inspector for some of the properties (such as the Tel form item) do not appear correctly.
On Mac OS, if you switch off the Application Frame from Windows > Application Frame, the document toolbar is not visible.
Drag and drop of images from the document (in Design view) to the Assets panel does not work.
- You cannot install Dreamweaver extensions in non-English locales. For more information and a workaround for this issue, see Unable to install Dreamweaver extensions in non-English locales.
- In non-English locales, there is an option to create fluid grid layouts from New Document Dialog (NDD), but this option does not work.
Find and replace
- The keyboard shortcut for Skip and Add Next Match to Selection (Ctrl+Alt+R) does not work on Windows.
- If you have multiple documents open in Dreamweaver, the Find field does not get updated when you find in open documents, and then switch to another document.
- If you have the Find dialog box open with the cursor in it, and you then minimize Dreamweaver, the focus in the Find dialog box is lost when you restore Dreamweaver.
- Navigation from the Search panel when you do a Replace All (in open documents) leads to an error for HTML files if focus not present in that specific document.