What you'll need
To make it easier for you to select and edit artwork, you’ll explore a few features such as locking, grouping, and hiding artwork.
Hiding content to make selections
- To make selecting other artwork easier, you can hide selected artwork by choosing Object > Hide > Selection.
- You can also hide selected artwork by pressing the Option and “3” keys (MacOS) or the Alt and “3” keys (Windows).
- To show all hidden artwork, choose Object > Show All.
Locking content to make selections
- To lock selected artwork, choose Object > Lock > Selection.
Viewing artwork in Outline mode
- To make it easier to select content, choose View > Outline to show the artwork as outlines without fills.
- To show the artwork with the original appearance, choose View > GPU Preview.
Grouping the artwork
- To group selected content, click the Group button in the Properties panel.
Selecting content in the group
- If you need to select content within a group, double-click the group with the Selection tool selected to enter Isolation mode.
- To exit Isolation mode, press the Escape key.
Presenter: Brian Wood