What you'll need
1. Open duotone-effect.psd from the practice files or use your own.
2. In the Layers panel, click the Create new fill or adjustment layer icon and choose Gradient Map.
3. In the Properties panel double click on the gradient preview to open the Gradient Editor.
4. Choose the Violet, Orange preset to start with a basic duotone.
5. To change the gradient colors, double click on the Color Stop on the lower right of the spectrum to open the Color Picker. Select your desired color and click OK.
6. Adjust the balance between colors by dragging a Color Stop or Color Midpoint to a new position on the spectrum.
7. Add additional Color Stops to the spectrum by clicking directly underneath the gradient. Edit the new stops as needed.
8. Click OK when finished.
That's it! Now it's your turn to create a duotone effect in 60 seconds with Photoshop. Download the assets or use your own and share your image on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #MadewithPhotoshop to get feedback and connect with other creative minds.
Behance: https://www.behance.net/live Join our regular livestreams with real pros, real projects in real time and find inspiration.