Learn how to create a new project, import media files, and sync with Creative Cloud.
What you learned: Create a new project, import media files, and sync a project with Creative Cloud
Create a new project
- Click the Create A New Project button on the Home screen.
- In the Project Name field, select the word “Untitled” and type a name for your project.
- To automatically save your new project to Creative Cloud, be sure the Sync With Creative Cloud box is checked.
- To copy media from the cloud to your local device, check the Copy Media box.
Sort and filter assets
- When viewing media to import into a project, use the Sort menu to arrange assets by name or date created.
- Filter assets in the Media Browser to view video clips only, audio clips only, or all media types by selecting options from the Filter menu.
Import footage from the Media Browser
The Media Browser is where you can view media available on your device and in the cloud.
- Select clips from the Media Browser in the order you want them to appear in your sequence.
- After selecting video, audio, or graphics in the Media Browser, click the Create button to import those items into the Project panel. Selected items also appear in a sequence, arranged in the selected order.
After clicking the Create button, you may see the “preparing media” message as Adobe Premiere Rush prepares and optimizes selected items for playback.
The Home button opens the Home screen, where you can rename, delete, or open current projects and can create new projects.
Projects sync with Creative Cloud by default, but you can turn project syncing on and off for individual projects from the Home screen using the Project Options button (three dots at bottom right of any project icon).
Tip: Premiere Rush sets video orientation based on the media you import, but you can change frame orientation from landscape to portrait or square in the Edit panel by choosing Orientation from the Playback And Sequence Options menu button.