“Temporary Activation Expired,” error is encountered when you try to activate Creative Suite 3 and Acrobat 8 application.
The licensing information is stored in a database file named cache.db. This error occurs when the cached licensing data from previous Adobe software installation conflict with the new installation. Removal of the data file allows a successful installation of Creative Suite 3, and Acrobat 8, without a request to activate the software.
Removing the cached licensing database file (cache.db) affects the licensing of other installed Adobe software like Creative Suite, Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements, Acrobat, Creative Cloud applications and more.
Follow the steps below to resolve this issue. Make sure that you have admin privileges on your system before trying the steps.
Uninstall all Adobe software before removing the cache.
dbfile. To uninstall the software, run the Adobe uninstaller from the following locations:
- Mac OS: In the Finder, navigate to Applications > Utilities > Adobe Installers.
- Windows 10, 8, 7, or Vista: Choose Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
Navigate to the cache folder and manually remove the cache.db file.
Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache/
The folder is located in the root library on the drive containing Mac OS.
Windows 7, 8, 10:
- 32 bit: \Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache\
- 64 bit: \Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache\
- Launch Photoshop CS3 first to license the installed Creative Suite 3 software titles. If you launch Acrobat 8 first, you receive a prompt to enter a serial number which is not required if Photoshop is successfully launched first.
- After you install Creative Suite 3, and Acrobat 8, you can reinstall and activate other Adobe software.
- For information on how to locate your registered serial number see: Find your serial number.
- The installer for other Adobe software is available for download at the other software downloads page.
- Refer the article to download your purchased Adobe software.