What you'll need
What Creative Cloud Libraries are
Creative Cloud Libraries allow you to save content like graphics, images, colors, and text styles in a library, which is synced to your Creative Cloud account. You can access those assets in Adobe XD from a panel called Creative Cloud Libraries.
- To open the Creative Cloud Libraries panel, choose File > Open CC Libraries (MacOS) or click the hamburger menu in the corner and choose Open CC Libraries (Windows).
Adding content to a library
You start with one library, called “My Library,” which is empty. Create and share as many libraries as you need. You can add content to the library in other apps, like Illustrator or Photoshop, and use that content in your XD projects.
- In another app, like Photoshop or Illustrator, open the Libraries panel (Window > Libraries). Make sure the library you want to save assets into is chosen from the menu in the Libraries panel.
- Drag assets into the library to save them as graphics.
Note: Currently, you can’t add content to a library from within XD.
- Select content and click the Add Content button (+) at the bottom of the panel to save colors, text styles, and other assets in a library.
Using Library content in XD
- Drag graphics from the Creative Cloud Libraries panel into your XD documents.
- Select content in the XD document and click colors or text styles in the Creative Cloud Libraries panel to apply the formatting.
Graphics dragged into XD from the library panel are linked to the graphic in the library. If you edit the graphic stored in the library in the original application, the graphic in your XD project updates. You can tell a graphic is linked because of the green link icon in the upper-left corner of a selected graphic in your document.
Tip: If you want to unlink a graphic, so any changes made to the original in the library won’t affect the graphic in XD, click the green link icon.
Updating graphics in a Creative Cloud Library
- Right-click the graphic in the Creative Cloud Libraries panel in XD and choose Edit. The graphic opens in the associated app, and you can make edits.
- When finished editing the graphic in the other app, close and save it. When you return to XD, the graphic in your document will also be updated after it’s synced.