If you purchased your Adobe product from a retailer or an Adobe reseller, you may have received a redemption code. You must redeem this code before you can start using your product.
Adobe offers different types of products and redemption codes. Scan through the options below and select the relevant offer for information on how to redeem your code.
If you are unsure of the type of code you have, see Types of codes.
You may purchase only one license per platform of any Adobe Student and Teacher Edition product per year. Adobe Student and Teacher Edition products may be used only on your privately owned computer and may not be resold.
The redemption code and serial number are not interchangeable. Ensure that you enter your serial number during installation.
You need to validate your eligibility for a perpetual student/teacher edition before you proceed with installing the software.
If you are in North America, visit the eligibility verification page, enter the product code, and complete a student/teacher validation form. A serial number will be sent to you within 1 to 2 business days.
If you are outside North America, complete the student/teacher validation form located in the Adobe Customer Support Portal. A serial number will be sent to you within 2 to 4 days.
You can download and install your Student and Teacher Edition software in trial mode while waiting for a serial number from Adobe.
You can use the software for a limited time in trial mode. After the trial period ends, the Student and Teacher Edition requires a serial number for continued use.
Troubleshooting redemption code problems
Looking for quick answers? Here are some common questions and solutions.
My redemption code is invalid. What’s going on?
Try these solutions:
- Make sure that you typed the code correctly. Redemption codes contain both letters and numbers. It’s easy to confuse some numbers and letters, such as zero and one with the letters "0" and "I."
- Make sure that you're entering the code at the correct redemption site. You could have entered the redemption code for a perpetual product instead of for a subscription, or for a subscription instead of for a perpetual product. Be sure that you enter the code at the redemption site noted on your insert, card, or email. Go to Redeem a redemption code for Subscription retail products or Redeem your purchase for Perpetual retail products.
- Try redeeming the code from a different browser.
- Make sure that the code you are entering is a redemption code and not some other type of code. Other codes—such as a numeric UPC code on your insert, card, or email—are not your redemption code. To double-check that you do indeed have a redemption code, see Types of codes.
- Access your account information. You may have your subscription or product available and registered in your Adobe account. For more information on your Adobe ID account, see Manage your Adobe ID account.
I can’t find my redemption code sticker.
Help! I’m getting this error: "Oops! This card was purchased in a country that doesn’t match your Adobe ID. You can try signing in with a different Adobe ID or get in touch with us if you need help.”
I keep getting prompted for a serial number while trying to launch an app or sign in to my Creative Cloud account. I thought I didn’t need a serial number for Creative Cloud.
|Redemption code||A redemption code is 24 alphanumeric digits||J72D-I83E-N87F-213E-B980-K915|
|Product code||A product code can be 19 numbers; or 21 or 22 alphanumeric digits.||
|Serial number||A serial number is 24 numbers only.||8721-0892-0867-4459-9223-2874|