If you change operating systems or require a different language version of a product, you can order a product swap, or crossgrade. You can swap to the current version of a product—for example, Creative Suite 6—and to an available language version. This page provides instructions on these actions.
If you have an older version of a product, you must order an upgrade instead of a swap. Place upgrade orders directly with Adobe Sales. (Visit your region's Adobe Store for contact information.)
Request a platform or language swap
To request a platform or language swap on the same (current) version of a product, do the following:
Sign in to the Support Portal using your Adobe ID (usually your email address):
Platform or language swap policies
- All product configurations, except for OEM bundles, are eligible for a platform or language swap.
- You can also change your platform or language when you upgrade. Contact us to find out if you qualify for a platform or language upgrade.
- You must give up all licensing rights to your current platform or language version.
- You cannot swap previous versions of a product.
- After swapping platforms or languages, you cannot cross back to your original platform or language version.
- No more than five total (lifetime) cross-platform or cross-language upgrades or swaps are allowed per customer, regardless of the product.
- Products purchased secondhand or from an auction site such as eBay are not eligible for swaps.