Learn how to return your Adobe order, track the return request, or swap your Adobe product for a different platform or language.
To cancel your membership or subscription, follow these links for instructions:
- Cancel your Creative Cloud membership
- Cancel your Acrobat or Document Cloud PDF services subscription
- Cancel your Adobe Connect service plan
- Cancel your Stock membership
Read before initiating your return
- Make your return request within 30 days of receiving the product.
- You can return software, books, and training materials purchased from Adobe.
- If software has been installed and activated, you must deactivate it and uninstall it before proceeding with the return. Adobe does not process a refund unless you have deactivated all copies of the software. You do not need to return the software to Adobe.
- Adobe provides the refund in the same manner used for the purchase. Credit card refunds are credited against the card used for the purchase. Purchase orders are issued a credit against the account balance. PayPal refunds are credited to your PayPal account.
- Adobe releases credit and PayPal refunds within five business days from the time of your request. Refunds for other forms of payment are released within 7 to 10 business days.
- Original shipping and handling charges are not refunded.
Products not eligible for return
- Any Adobe product purchased from any seller other than Adobe may be returned only to the seller, in accordance with that seller's return policy, if any.
- Products obtained through an employee purchase program.
- Not-for-resale (NFR), pirated, OEM bundled, trial, or free-of-charge products.
- Memberships and subscriptions: Some memberships and subscriptions allow for cancelations and refunds. See the Adobe subscription terms for details.
- Fonts purchased through Typekit Marketplace.
- Products purchased from individuals, resellers, or online auction sites (such as eBay or Amazon Marketplace).
- Products downloaded from an online reseller other than Adobe Store, Amazon, Best Buy, or Journey Ed.
- Products, or versions of products, that Adobe no longer distributes or supports.
- Trial DVD sets and DVD training materials.
Adobe accepts returns within 30 days of receipt. It usually takes 2-3 days after you have placed an order for it to be eligible for return. Before you return a product, you must:
Contact us to request a return.
Note: If you purchased directly from Adobe using a bank transfer, you'll have to provide bank details to complete your refund request.
How can I check the status of my return?
Use your Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number to track your refund order online. Go to www.adobe.com/go/orderstatus and enter your RMA number in the field provided. Adobe keeps you posted on your return status via email. You hear from Adobe at the following intervals, which are reflected on your order status page:
- My refund is processing
- My return funds have been released, subject to successful fund transfer confirmation from customer’s bank
- Case closure notification
When will my return process be complete?
Adobe processes refunds within 1–5 business days. However, the funds could take longer to show on your account depending on the payment method used. See the table below for processing times and refund methods.
A confirmation email is sent when the refund is complete. If you have online access to your credit account, your refund could appear earlier than on a paper statement.
|Payment method||Time for Adobe to process||Refund method||Expected timeline for funds to be credited in the customer account|
|Credit card||1–2 business days||Credit card||3–5 business days depending on the card type (Visa/MasterCard or Amex)|
|Debit card||1–2 business days||Debit card||3–5 business days (Visa/MasterCard or Amex)|
|PayPal||1–2 business days||PayPal||3–5 business days if customer has already authenticated PayPal to receive refund from Adobe|
|Checks (US only)||1–3 business days||Bank account no||5–10 business days or longer for Canada and Mexico due to mailing time|
|Bank transfer||3–5 business days||Bank account no||5–10 business days|
|Direct debit||3–5 business days||Bank account no||5–10 business days|
Adobe cannot cancel product orders. However, you can request a return for the order.
Exception: If you placed a preorder and the product has not yet shipped, you can cancel that order before ship. Contact us to check.
You cannot change an order once it has been processed. You can, however, return a product, swap platforms or languages, or change the shipping address for an order.
- Return the order
- Change your Creative Cloud plan
- Exchange a product for a different language or platform version