Complete the following steps if you get the message “This serial number is not valid for this product" after you enter the serial number for your Creative Suite product.
For help, see Find a serial number.
The title bar displays the name of the product being installed. The following information can help you enter the serial number correctly.
- The installer is product-specific. A separate installer has been created for each Adobe Creative Suite product. For example, you cannot enter your Photoshop serial number to install another product in the suite.
- The installer is platform-specific. The serial number for Windows does not work for Mac OS.
- Serial numbers are numeric. Do not enter alphabetic characters.
- Ignore the hyphens when you enter the serial number. (The installer and launch workflow accept serial numbers with hyphens if you enter them inadvertently.)
- The installer works for only one platform (Mac OS, Windows), but works for all the following. (The installer works for software in all languages.)
- All languages
- Full or upgrade serial numbers
- Retail, educational, volume license, or reseller (not bought directly from Adobe)
- Trial version
- The installer is also specific to the type of serial number you have. For example, when you have an Adobe volume licensing serial number, you install software as a download from the Licensing Website or a CD or DVD that came with your order. Make sure that your installation method matches your serial number.
Important: Adobe Creative Suite products only: Acrobat 9, Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 (32 bit), and After Effects CS4 (32 bit) require a separate serial number and media.
The product installer allows you to install as a trial or as a serialized product. If you are installing a trial version, specify the installation language when installing.
- If your serial number is for a different language set than the installation language, you get this error message.
- The following language-specific software installs two language packs. Each line represents a new language group. You can serialize from either language in the pack. You don't get an invalid serial number error if you install in one language and serialize in the next.
- en_US (Universal English)\en_GB (International English)
- fr_FR (French)\fr_CA (French Canadian)
- es_ES (Spanish)\es_MX (Latin American Spanish)
Reinstall the product and enter the serial number when prompted.