Before you begin, close all applications, including your web browser. Make sure you have administrative privileges or can validate as an administrator.
If you are installing as an upgrade, the installer will check your system to find the valid upgrade product. If it cannot find it, it will ask you to input the serial number of the product being upgraded. You can also install the software in trial mode, then input your new and previous serial numbers in the serialization screen shown during launch.
1. Insert the Adobe Dreamweaver CS 5.5 DVD into your DVD drive.
2. Double-click Set-up.exe (Windows) or Install.app (Mac OS) to begin the installation.
Note: Depending on your Autoplay settings in Windows, the Set-up.exe file may launch automatically.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
4. When prompted to enter a serial number, enter your Adobe Dreamweaver CS 5.5 serial number and complete the installation.
5. If you are installing CS 5.5 Subscription Edition software, you will need to be connected to the Internet. The installer will prompt you if it detects that you are offline. An Adobe ID is required to purchase a subscription . If for some reason, you cannot connect to the Internet, you can install the trial version of the software and input your subscription serial number and Adobe ID during installation. For more information about your subscription software, go to www.adobe.com/go/subscription_learnmore
Note: You may be asked to close conflicting processes in order to complete the installation.