Sometimes, Flash Player uninstallation doesn't remove the installation files from your computer. In this case, do a clean installation of Flash Player.
- Uninstall Flash Player. For more details, see Uninstall Flash Player | Windows.
- Restart the computer.
- Verify that the files FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl, FlashPlayerApp.exe, and FlashPlayerInstaller.exe in C:\Window\system32\ (for 32-bit systems) or C:\Windows\SysWOW64\(for 64-bit systems) have been deleted. If any of these files cannot be deleted, use Unlocker to remove them from your system.
Note: It's possible that you don't see the .exe suffix on FlashPlayerApp.exe and FlashPlayerInstaller.exe depending on your Explorer settings.
- Install Flash Player. For more details, see Install Flash Player | Windows.
The following demo shows how to do a clean install of Flash Player on Windows XP machine.
It has three steps:
- Download and run the Flash Player uninstaller
- Delete Flash Player installation files
- Install the latest Flash Player version
Note: The screens you see could change based on your operating system.