Acrobat X Pro for Mac OS requires the following:
- Intel® processor
- Mac OS X version 10.5.8, 10.6.4
- 512 MB of installed RAM (1 GB recommended)
- 1.2 GB of available hard disk space (Note: The installer creates temporary files during installation; the actual hard disk space required at that time is greater than the values listed.)
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- DVD-ROM drive, if installing from a DVD
- Safari 4 for Mac OS X 10.5.8 and Mac OS X 10.6.4; Safari 5 for Mac OS X 10.6.4 (includes 64-bit support in browser)
Before you can start Acrobat, install Acrobat onto your hard disk.
Use the following instructions to install new software or to upgrade from a previous version. When you upgrade, the Acrobat X folder that you install to your hard drive contains all the files required for running the software. Previous installations of Acrobat are not affected. If you purchased Acrobat as a download, Adobe recommends that you back up your download package, preferably to a DVD.
- Enter the serial number for your copy of the program. The serial number for individually licensed purchases is located on the outside of the DVD case. For ESD (electronic software delivery) purchases made through the Adobe Store, it's on the receipt page. You can also locate the serial number for individually licensed ESD purchases in your online order history at http://www.adobe.com. The serial number for purchases made through the Adobe Open Options volume license program is available in your record at http://licensing.adobe.com.