The article provides instructions to install, configure, and deploy Adobe Connect 9.7 and the associated components. For instructions for the other versions of Adobe Connect, see the installation guide of other versions at www.adobe.com/go/learn_Connect_doclisting_en.
Adobe Connect 9.7 is distributed as a patch that can be added only on an existing Adobe Connect 9.6 system.
- To upgrade an existing Adobe Connect 9.x (x = 0 - 6) installation, upgrade it to the latest Adobe Connect 9.6 before deploying Adobe Connect 9.7 patch. To upgrade to v9.6, see this article.
- To create a fresh installation, install Adobe Connect 9.6 using the installer, apply the latest patches available for version 9.6, and then deploy version 9.7 as a patch. To install v9.6, see this article.
If an existing Adobe Connect 9.x instance does not have AEM license and you want to upgrade it to an Adobe Connect 9.7 instance with an AEM license, then upgrade to Adobe Connect 9.6.2 with an AEM-enabled license and then apply the Adobe Connect 9.7 patch.
Deploying this patch requires some downtime of your Adobe Connect instance.
||Adobe Connect CQ-Author||Y||Y||Y|
|AEM Publisher||Adobe Connect CQ-Publish||Y||Y||Y|
|Adobe Connect App
||Adobe Connect Service
|Adobe Connect App
||Adobe Media Server
|Adobe Connect App||Adobe Media Administration Server
|Adobe Connect App||Adobe Connect Telephony Service
|Adobe Connect App (TS)||Arkadin TA
|Adobe Connect App (TS)||InterCall TA||N||Y||Y|
|Adobe Connect App (TS)||MeetingOne TA||N||Y||Y|
|Adobe Connect App (TS)||Premiere TA||N||Y||Y|
|Download||Adobe Connect Addin (Win)
|Download||Adobe Connect Addin (Mac)
To deploy Adobe Connect 9.7 either as a fresh installation or as a patch on an existing Adobe Connect instance, follow these steps.
Create the following backups:
- Copy the AEM folder of AEM Author instance from [AEM_install_dir]\CQ-Author\crx-quickstart.
- Copy the AEM folder of AEM Publish instance from [AEM_install_dir]\CQ-Publish\crx-quickstart.
- Back up the Adobe Connect database.
- Back up appserv, comserv, jre, tomcat, and TelephonyService folders.
- Back up the configuration files at \appserv\common\AddInInfo.xml and \TelephonyService\conf\telephony-settings.xml.
Upgrade AEM Author and AEM Publish Servers.
- On the AEM server, log in as an Administrator.
- Stop the AEM Author slave service, if present.
- Access the AEM Author master package manager at http://[servername]:[portnumber]/crx/packmgr/index.jsp. Delete the existing ConnectEventApp.zip file and the existing AEM Social package named cq-social-plugins-pkg-1.0.4.zip.
- Delete the AEM Social package from /apps/connect/install/cq-social-plugins-pkg-1.0.4.zip using CRXDE Lite at http://[servername]:[portname]/crx/de/index.jsp.
- Upload the new ConnectEventApp.jar file available as part of the patch archive.
- On the AEM Author master instance, access http://[servername]:[portnumber]/crx/packmgr/index.jsp and install AEM Social package, named cq-social-plugins-pkg-1.0.4.zip.
- When installing, select the Merge values for Access Control Handling and click Install.
- Repeat the above 1-6 steps for the AEM Publish instances.
- Stop the AEM Publish instance service and the AEM Author master service.
- To install AEM Social package on AEM Publish servers, repeat the above steps.
- Restart the AEM Author master service and AEM Publish instance and ensure that you are able to log in to AEM master server after the service restart.
- Start the AEM Author slave service, if present.
- Start the service of AEM Publish instances.
After migrating an Adobe Connect installation, upload your license.txt file as follows:
- Log in to the Adobe Connect Server.
- Launch the Application Console Manager by accessing http://[servername]:8510/console/ in a web browser.
- Click License Settings.
- Click the Browse button and select the license.txt file. Click Save.
A rollback is possible only if the backup steps in the section Deploy Adobe Connect 9.7 patch are completed.
To roll back the Adobe Connect 9.7 patch, follow these steps. The steps restore your instance to Adobe Connect version 9.6.2.
- Stop the Adobe Connect services.
- Stop AEM Author and AEM Publish instances using the Service Panel.
- Delete the existing appserv, comserv, jre, tomcat, and TelephonyService folders.
- Restore appserv, comserv, jre, tomcat, and TelephonyService folders from the backup.
- Restore Adobe Connect database instance from the backup.
- Copy the AEM Author folder at \[AEM_install_dir]\CQ-Author\crx-quickstart from the backup.
- Copy the AEM Publish folder at \[AEM_install_dir]\CQ-Publish\crx-quickstart from the backup.
- Restart the Adobe Connect services.
- Restart the AEM Author and AEM Publish instances.