3D file formats listed below can be imported into Aero, as long as they are packaged in an archive (.zip) folder that contains the 3D model and supporting texture and animation files.
- OBJ - with MDL or MTL materials
- Collada (DAE)
- GlTF and GLB
- FBX (supported when files are prepared according to guidelines)
You can share your AR experience with others to collaborate or view your creation in the below formats:
- .real — share with team members who want to edit your experiences in Aero.
- .usdz send a static file that can be viewed without interactivity on another device on AR Quick Look or use as part of Xcode or Reality Composer Project.
- .reality Xcode or Reality Composer Project. send a file that can be viewed with interactivity on another device on AR Quick Look or use as part of
- Transparent 2D image content is supported in Aero. If your asset has an alpha channel or transparent layers, you will be able to see through the transparent sections inside Aero.
- A single asset includes several files inside an archive. When you import an archive, only the first 3D asset is supported in Aero.