Bridge does not recognize some devices on Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
Last updated on Feb 08, 2022 04:53:36 AM GMT
Bridge doesn't recognize certain devices
On Mac OS X 10.11.x, Bridge and Bridge CC 2015 do not recognize the following types of devices:
- Devices (such as cameras or Android-based devices) connected in PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) or MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) mode
- iDevices such as iPad or iPhone
Adobe Bridge and Bridge CC 2015
Mac OS X 10.11
This issue has been fixed in Bridge CC 2017. Beginning with Bridge CC 2017 version 7.0 release, all the devices are now recognized by Adobe Photo Downloader.
To resolve this issue:
- Update to the latest version of Bridge. To check for updates in Bridge, choose Help > Updates. To know how to update your app, see Update Creative Cloud apps.
- Download the latest version of Adobe Bridge CC 2017. To download, go to http://www.adobe.com/products/bridge.html. You will need your Adobe ID login details to proceed.
For detailed instructions on how to import photos from your connected device using Adobe Bridge, see Import photos from a digital camera, card reader, or mobile device using Photo Downloader.
More like this
- Adobe Bridge and Bridge CC 2015 crashing on Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Error: "Missing msvcp110.dll file"
- Error MSVCR110.dll opening apps in Windows 10
- Error: "Failed to install" Creative Cloud desktop app
- Work with Adobe Bridge cache
- Use keywords in Adobe Bridge
- View and manage files in Adobe Bridge
- System requirements | Adobe Bridge