In Audition CC, you can measure loudness in audio clips and apply correction to support various loudness standards and true peak limiting.
Maximum True Peak Limiting prevents a signal from crossing a pre-defined limit, which otherwise can potentially damage speakers and other output devices. True Peak Limiting ensures that the signal never exceeds the limit.
- ITU BS1770
- EBU R128 (Target Loudness: -23 LUFS +/-0.5 LUFS (+/-1 LUFS for live content), True Peak: -1dB). EBU also provides corresponding test signals.
- EBU TECH3341 defines how to measure momentary, short-term and integrated loudness based on ITU BS1770-2
- EBU TECH3342 defines how to measure loudness range (LRA) based on short-term loudness (using a relative gate of -20LU instead of -10LU) and taking the 10th and 95th percentile
- EBU TECH3343 describes the correction part of the loudness workflow (see chapter 4.4 and 6)
- EBU TECH3344 describes loudness metering usage in distribution systems
- EBU R128 s1 defines loudness measurement for short form content such as commercials
- ATSC A/85 (Target Loudness: -24 LUFS +/-2 LUFS, True Peak: -2dB)
- FreeTV OP59
- ARIB TR-B32
- PRSS (National Public Radio)