Effective with the December 10 2018 release (Media Encoder 13.0.2), the Sync Settings architecture has been updated. This means some changes to the workflow for , Media Encoder, Premiere Pro, and After Effects:
- The option to clear Sync Settings via Creative Cloud is no longer available (previously accessed through Manage Creative Cloud Account)
- Sync Settings are available in current and recent versions of Media Encoder:
- Select Sync Settings from the Start screen on macOS and Windows.
- Within the application on Window you can also select File > Sync Settings. On macOS select the Media Encoder menu and then either Sync Settings (if there are currently no synced settings) or your Creative Cloud account email (if you have existing synced settings).
- Sync Settings are no longer available in Media Encoder CC 2015 (9.0.2) or older. To use Sync Settings, please update to a more recent version.
The latest version of Adobe Media Encoder includes the Sync Settings feature similar to the feature available in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and several other Creative Cloud applications.
Sync Settings enable to keep your settings such as keyboard shortcuts, preferences, and user presets synchronized across multiple machines. All settings can be uploaded to your Creative Cloud account and then downloaded and applied on other machines.
To start synchronizing your settings, click File > Sync Settings > Sync Settings Now (Windows) or Premiere Pro > [your Adobe ID] > Sync Settings Now (macOS)
Enter your Adobe ID and password to authenticate your account to the Creative Cloud.
You can also synchronize your settings from a different Adobe account. Click File > Sync Settings > Use Settings From a Different Account to use a different Adobe ID and password.
To manage the settings that are synchronized, choose Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Media Encoder > Preferences (Mac OS) and click Sync Settings.
Select the preferences to synchronize and the frequency when Adobe Media Encoder should synchronize them:
- Workspace Layouts
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- When Syncing:
- Ask My Preference
- Always upload settings
- Always download settings
- Automatically clear settings on application quit - Clear settings restores AME to pre-sync state. Enable this option to clear the user profile when you quit the Adobe Media Encoder application. When the application starts up the next time, the original preferences that were set (before you logged in with your Adobe ID) will be restored.
Preferences that specify absolute paths or are dependent on system hardware will not be synchronized.
To delete sync settings, click here and select clear settings.