If you are a designer or a developer and you have the required extensions for Animate available at the Adobe Add-ons website as add-ons, follow these steps to acquire them:
If you cannot install your extension using the Creative Cloud desktop app and you have zxp files, click here and follow the instructions to install it with an Extension Install Utility.
If you are a developer or producer of Animate add-ons, Adobe provides you the following alternatives to distribute your Animate add-ons:
- Adobe recommends that you distribute your products through the Adobe Add-ons website. You can distribute add-ons publicly (free or paid) or privately (free to named users). Learn more about sharing products privately.
- If you still want to sell extensions through your own websites or via other channels, you can build your own installer or provide instructions to your users on how to use the Extension Manager command line to install your extension. See Installing ZXP extensions using the command line for details.
You can occasionally experience difficulty while trying to install an extension. Several factors can disrupt or prevent a successful installation. Below is a list of possible issues and suggested solutions.
When there is difference in system locale and Animate installed locale, extension files copied to system locale folder in preferences directory. If user gets successful installation message in creative cloud application or Manage Extension Utility but extensions are not loading in Animate, check the following location:
- On Windows: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate 2019\
- On Mac : /Users/[username]/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Animate 2019/
If it contains two locale folders then copy the contents of Commands and WindowSWF folder from system locale folder to App locale folder e.g. en_AU (system locale) , en_US (Animate locale)
- Copy following folders (if exist)
- Copy the contents of en_AU\Configuration\Commands\ to en_US\Configuration\Commands\
- Copy the contents of en_AU\Configuration\WindowSWF\ to en_US\Configuration\WindowSWF
- Start Animate and check extensions.
An incomplete transfer can result in a corrupt install file, or a newer version of the extension could have been posted to the Exchange. Try downloading the extension again.
All extensions for Animate are ZXP files. However, most extensions have separate versions for Windows and Mac OS. Select the proper file for your operating system before downloading the extension.
Make sure that the extension is designed to work on your platform. Some extensions are designed for only one operating system rather than for both. Note any requirements for the extension on the download page.
When there is trouble with a specific extension, users often post messages to each other and to the extension's developer. These problems are discussed in the Animate Exchange Extensions section of the Animate forums. Before posting, become familiar with the general etiquette and procedures of using the forums.
If you need assistance with a particular extension, most developers also post contact or support information along with their extensions.
Animate extensions can be created to work with localized languages. However, many developers have not localized their extensions and the extension can install in a non-localized folder.
If you still have problems installing an extension, try to eliminate any system conflicts that can interfere with the Extension installer, such as shutting down all running applications and background processes that could be causing the conflict.
Adobe Extension Manager has been phased out as a stand-alone product due to its integration with the Creative Cloud application. For more information about this change, read Extension Manager End of Life Notification.
For general troubleshooting information about extensions, see Extension Help on the main Exchange page.