These features are available for Creative Cloud members and point product subscribers only. To join Adobe Creative Cloud, see Adobe Creative Cloud.
Extensions, Favorites in the Insert panel, and Keyboard Shortcuts are retained after you upgrade from 12.0 and 12.1. If your extension was under an Insert menu that got deprecated, you can find your extensions under Insert > Missing Extensions.
If your extensions had installed access points (items) to the Insert panel under a list that was removed, you can locate the access points under the category "Miscellaneous". For example, the Media list under Common Category in the Insert Panel has been removed. It is now present directly under the Insert panel as a category called Media. All items that your extensions placed under Media previously are now present under the Miscellaneous category.
You can add both Adobe Edge and Web fonts to the Font list in Dreamweaver. In the Font list, Dreamweaver supported font stacks are listed first ahead of Web fonts and Edge fonts.
All the Fluid Grid elements have been moved under the Structure category of the Insert menu. New options such as Ordered List (Ol), Unordered List (Ul), and List (LI) have been introduced. When you create a Fluid Grid page or open a page with Fluid Grid template, the Insert panel displays the Structure view by default.
In addition, user interface options for Div elements such as hide, duplicate, lock, and swap are now displayed when you select an element.
You can now nest fluid elements, and specify a class or ID as a fluid selector when inserting an element.
For an in-depth explanation of these enhancements, watch the video here.
For more information on Fluid Grid layouts, see Fluid Grid Layouts.
The following HTML5 form input types are now available in Dreamweaver. For more information, on these elements, see HTML5 Input Types.
The following jQuery elements are now available in Dreamweaver. The functionality of these elements is similar to the functionality for the corresponding elements in HTML5 form input types.
For more information, see http://jquerymobile.com/test/docs/forms/textinputs/
- Date Time
- In the Design view, context menu has been introduced for placeholder OAM files. The available options in the menu are Code Navigator, Wrap tag, Remove tag, Cut, Copy, and Paste.
- You can now insert an OAM file with double-byte characters in its name.
The changes in Dreamweaver are to achieve compatibility with the changes to PhoneGap. This feature is also available as part of the 12.0.3 update.
For the operating systems that you are targeting, you are now prompted to enter the Key and password as required. Signing key information is required only for Android, iOS, and Blackberry. If you are unable to build more than one application, it could be because you are not subscribed to the PhoneGap service.
For more information, see Packaging web applications as native mobile applications with PhoneGap Build.
- HTML5 is the default DocType for all new documents.
- The default settings for the FTP synchronization dialog box have changed.
- For Synchronize, the default setting is Entire Site.
- For Direction, the default setting is Get and Put Newer Files.
- Expanded Table view has been reintroduced. However, this option is no longer present in the Layout panel. To use this option, insert a table in Dreamweaver, right-click the table, and select Expanded Table View.