While installing or updating the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application, you receive an error, "Installer was unable to access a critical file/directory. Please try installing again." (Error Code: 42) or (Error Code: 72)
This error occurs when Windows is not able to validate digital certificates because the OS is not up to date.
- Navigate to C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Temp\CreativeCloud\ACC
- Open ACC.log and look for the following: | [ERROR] | | ACC | LBS | WorkflowManager | | | 7248 | PIM Validation Failed:Process certificate didnt match to Adobe certificate! CANameChain:
Some files and folders are hidden on Windows. See Show hidden files, folders, filename extensions | Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 for more information.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC.
- Right-click Creative Cloud.exe and click Properties.
- Go to the Digital Signatures tab and click the Details button.
- The message This digital signature is OK appears under Digital Signature Information. Any other message causes Error 42 or 72 to occur.