Dreamweaver 8 may crash when it performs file browsing actions on Microsoft Windows Vista. Some examples include:
- Using File > Open to browse the hard drive to open a file.
- Inserting an image and using the file browser to select the image.
- Creating a hyperlink and using the file browser to select the target file.
- Creating a site definition and using the file browser to select the local root folder or remote folder.
Additional reported behavior includes:
- Crash occurs when a file browsing dialog appears.
- Crash occurs when browsing two or more folders away.
- Crash occurs after inserting four images.
- Crash occurs when you leave the file browsing dialog box open for a period of time.
The problem appears to be a conflict between Dreamweaver 8 and the Groove component of Microsoft Office 2007 on Microsoft Windows Vista. Microsoft Office Groove 2007 is only bundled with MS Office Ultimate 2007 and Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007.
Uninstalling Microsoft Grove 2007 will remove the feature from your system. If you require MS Grove 2007 please refer to another solution.
Using the Open button instead of double-clicking the folders and files should prevent the issue from occurring. If your issue is not resolved please proceed to the next solution.
Please contact network administrators for assistance creating administrative accounts within a domain. If possible create a new local administrative account using the steps below. Microsoft Windows Vista Home users will need to create a new administrative account using the Users application within the Control Panel.
Solution 11: Temporarily disable User Account Control (UAC).
The Vista User Account Control (UAC) feature can help prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. Microsoft recommends that you leave UAC turned on to help protect your computer. Re-enable UAC after testing.
To disable UAC: