On Mac OS 10.11.x, Elements Organizer does not recognize the following types of devices:
- iDevices such as iPad or iPhone
- Devices (such as camera or Android-based devices) connected in PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) or MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) mode
Install the latest update of Photoshop Elements 14 using any of the following ways:
- Launch Photoshop Elements 14.
- Select Help > Updates and install the latest Photoshop Elements update.
- In Adobe Photoshop Elements 14, click the Update Availability Announcement icon, and then click Install Now or Install on Exit.
Once the update is installed, launch Elements Organizer.
Run the following steps to import images from your iDevice or device connected in PTP or MTP mode:
Change the device mode from PTP/MTP to USB mode/Mass storage mode and then reconnect it. You can now import media in Elements Organizer.
For information on how to change the mode from PTP/MTP to USB/Mass storage mode, see the documentation that came with your device.