No. Your download starts when you click the Install button from the product page on the Adobe Exchange website. The install button triggers the Creative Cloud desktop app to install the extension on your computer. Check the Where to Find It section of the product page for details on where the extension installs.
No, Adobe Exchange is intended for Creative Cloud users.
However, if your product is compatible with Creative Suite versions, mention the same in the product description on the right of the page rather than in the compatibility section.
Installation of a Creative Suite extension is unlikely to work with the Creative Cloud desktop app. Use the Install Issues link to download the
If the producer of your extension has not provided enough useful information in the Description and Where to Find It section, get in touch with the producer directly via the Exchange website. Click the producer name, then About to reveal their email address. Adobe is not an expert in the usage of any extension, and the advice is limited to the usability of specific extensions.
If you have purchased the full version of the product and haven’t downloaded a trial version, your serial number is sent to you by email from our e-commerce vendor, FastSpring. If you have any problems related to your serial number, get in touch with Adobe at email@example.com.
If you have not received your license key:
- Check whether you used a different email address for the purchase than your usual email.
- Check your spam and junk email folders for the message containing the serial number.
- If you still can’t find the key, contact us to get your serial number.
- Sign out of the Creative Cloud desktop app, and quit the program.
- Log out of the Adobe Exchange website, and clear the cache in your web browser.
- Uninstall Extension Manager from your computer.
- Restart your computer.
- Relaunch the Creative Cloud desktop app, and sign in.
- Log on to My Exchange. Click Uninstall, then click Install on the extension.
If you continue to get the same error:
- Check that you are logged into Creative Cloud desktop app or Adobe Exchange website with the same Adobe ID that you used to purchase the extension.
- Check whether you are an Enterprise customer. Enterprise customers cannot purchase extensions individually. If so, contact us to revoke the purchased license and get a refund.
- Email your order number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include ‘Enterprise user – refund request’ in the subject line.
The producer specifies the extension install location. It is important to read the Where to Find It section of each extension to find out where it is installed and if applicable where it is found in the relevant Creative Cloud app.
If it is not where it is supposed to be, restart your computer and recheck. In case it does not work, report any error messages recorded in the Creative Cloud desktop app’s toast message to email@example.com. Include screenshots where possible.
Transfer of purchases is not possible due to licensing restrictions. Get a refund for the initial purchase, and purchase again using the correct ID. If you need support, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your Order ID beginning with ‘ADO’. Doing so disables the extension