Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy, and then choose Automation on the Privacy tab
Convert to PDF failed due to Apple Event restrictions | macOS Mojave 10.14
Problem: Convert to PDF failed due to Apple Event restrictions in macOS Mojave 10.14
When Acrobat tries to access other apps on macOS Mojave 10.14, an authorization dialog box appears asking users to allow access or control to the app.
Similarly, when an app tries to use Acrobat, an authorization dialog box appears asking users to allow control over Acrobat.
- Create PDF from the File menu
- Create PDF tools (create single PDF or multiple PDFs)
- Combine PDFs involving Microsoft Office files*
- Create PDF using Action wizard tool
- Create a PDF form using the Prepare Form tool
- Convert Microsoft Office files in PDF Portfolio from Acrobat app
- Create PDF from Adobe Acrobat extension for Firefox
*The thumbnails of files don’t get generated in the Combine dialog box.
In the authorization dialog box, select OK to allow control or access. The dialog box doesn’t appear for the same app the next time.
If you select Don’t Allow or Not Now, the feature or the workflow fails, and all future conversions will also fail unless the corresponding security setting is changed.
To change the security setting, do the following:
In the right panel, under Adobe Acrobat, select the check boxes for the applications to which you want to allow access or control.
If you use Firefox to convert web pages to PDFs, select the Adobe Acrobat check box under Firefox.
Restart Acrobat, and then use the Create PDF workflow.