The Guided mode offers a set of built-in Guided Edits, which take you through a series of steps to help you perform a specific editing task. This guided approach helps you easily learn Adobe Premiere Elements and turn your video clips into professionally edited movies.
You can access the Guided Edits from both Quick and Expert modes.
To start exploring and using the available Guided Edits, click the Quick tab or the Expert tab, and then click the Guided tab.
There are a number of guided edits available as sequential workflows in the guided mode. To explore these workflows, navigate from the Quick or Expert editing modes.
The steps that appear in each Guided Edit are based on which mode you switched to Guided mode from, Quick or Expert. The steps differ for Quick or Expert editing modes.
Guided edits help you perform video-editing tasks with ease. From trimming unwanted footage to animating graphics in your video clips, guided edits help you enhance your video clip.
Guided edits are further sub-divided into four categories based on their functionality. Click a guided edit to read and explore it further.
- Get started: This guided edit is a tutorial on how to perform basic edits on your video clips. You learn how to add clips to your video, arrange them in a sequence, split, and trim the clips. Once you are through with these basic editing tasks, it guides you on how to publish your edited clip.
- Trim & split clips: After recording/shooting your video clips, at times you realize that there are parts of the footage that are not required. This guided edit shows you how to trim unwanted footages.
- Add transitions between clips: When two different video clips are placed next to each other, there is an abrupt change when you play the movie. You can make the changeover smooth by adding a transition between the two clips.
- Add titles: You can add titles to your video clips and choose different fonts and colors as well.
- Fix Brightness, color, and contrast: Use this guided edit to fix the color and lighting in your video clip.
- Color Pop: Enhance your videos to display in black and white while you selectively retain one or more colors.
- Animate graphics: You can add animations to graphic elements in your videos using this guided edit.
- Add an adjustment layer: Use this guided edit to apply the same adjustments or effects to multiple clips.
- Fix action cam footage: Use this guided edit to expertly trim, correct color, and fix lens distortions in your action cam footage.
- Luma fade transition effect: Use this guided edit to create cool transition effects between two video clips, two images, or an image and a video clip using a photo.
- Put a video inside your title: You can make your video titles interesting and dramatic by adding a video in the title.
- Create slow or fast motion effects: Enhance your videos with a slow or fast motion effect.
- Create a picture-in-picture effect: Picture-in-picture guided edit helps you superimpose a graphic or video clip on your movie. It appears over the clip while the video plays in the background.
- Apply an effects mask: You can apply an effect to a specific part of your video.
- Create a freeze frame with a motion title: Make the moments in your video stand out.
- Create an animated social post: Add motion text to your images and videos and easily share on social media.
- Create bounce back effect: Add forward-and-reverse looping motion to a short clip.
- Glass pane effect: Add a fun glass pane effect to your media.