For the latest system requirements, visit http://www.adobe.com/go/indesign_systemreqs.
For a list of the latest system requirements for other Creative Cloud products, see http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/tech-specs.html#requirements.
Creative Cloud trials are "try and buy", allowing you to evaluate individual products or editions and then convert the installed trial to a full version. You can convert from a trial to a full version at any time by signing up for a subscription. If you purchase a subscription, make sure that you are online and have logged in with an Adobe ID to start using your full version.
For a list of new features delivered in October 2017 release of InDesign CC, see New features summary.
- Object is scaled incorrectly if stroke weight is not adjusted while scaling.
- Paragraph Border and Shading settings are applied incorrectly, if the paragraph contains TCY.
- InDesign does not preserve pageitem order inside layers, when some pages are deleted from the document.
- PDF Export from InDesign discards Overprint Fill set as 0 for graphics in the placed PDF files.
- Wrong font style is selected on changing font when Font Preview is off.
- [Mac only]- Special character (?) is shown in the Story Editor window with table cells resulting in hiding of first character.
- Tint field becomes blank on hot launch, tabbing through it makes it 0% resulting in shading/border not appearing.
- Exporting to PNG or JPEG fails if the file name contains a forward slash (/).
- Panels such as Pages, Layers, Swatches becomes distorted and scroll bar goes missing on high resolution displays.
- [Win only]- Text frames, having less than 250 characters, are not exported to Publish Online, if the document is published by a system having double byte user name.
- Save, Save As, and Edit menu options are not available, while linking to some PDFs.
- Ghost image of CC Lib is visible in the upper-left corner in Classic workspace in Windows 10.
- Garbage character appears in the More Open Type dialog box when applied with SVG font Trajan Color.
- AppleScript error while opening document in InDesignServer.
- InDesign does not honor dismissal of “onClose” event in script UI dialog.
- Text wrap is lost on opening IDML.
- InDesign hangs while pasting content from word file having endnote.
- InDesign crashes on opening a corrupted inx file.
- No tags for .wmf and .pict file types.
- Tint of Paragraph shading, imported from word, changes to default (20%).
- [MAC only]- Visual feedback missing in Layers panel for non-printing layers.
- Smart guides to align-to-center are not shown while aligning or creating objects in a document in CCJK.
- Tag for anchored text frame is missing.
- Error in XML Import when XML file contains “whitespace handling” processing instruction.
- InDesign hangs, if object style size property is used with libraries.
- [Mac OS having APFS file system only]- Names of scripts in the Scripts panel are not sorted by text.
- Endnote navigation in PDF is incorrect when sections are present in the InDesign document.
- Anchored images are not exported when exported using the Articles panel.
- Next anchored figure gets tagged instead of the actual anchored figure with effects applied.
- Transparency effects with transformation fail while exporting to PDF.
- Application does not rotate to portrait on MS Surface Book.
- Fonts folder becomes empty when InDesign is updated from CC 2017.0 to CC 2017.1.
- Text is rendered as bars/boxes in GPU Preview while zooming in.
- Master page, built using existing master page, drops PTF.
- Size option defined in Object Style does not work correctly for Anchored Objects.
- [Mac only]-Access Denied error while packaging a document to a network location.
- Resources folder is not created while exporting to SWF.
- Overset text is lost while copying it to another document.
- Wrong alert message is shown for missing/modified links while creating a package.
- Pixelated PDF is generated upon relinking missing links from packaging dialog.
- File name text variable shows extension(.indd) in PDF when PDF is created via packaging.
- "Alternating" in Row/Column Stroke of Table Options is localized incorrectly.
- Links folder is not created when missing links are relinked from packaging dialog.
- Document state remains unchanged even when missing links are relinked from packaging dialog.
- The Reference Point icon is truncated in theTransform panel.
- Horizontal scroll bar in pages panel does not show in few scenarios.
- [Mac only] - InDesign crashes while trying to change the font from the drop-down menu, immediately after performing undo operation for some deleted text.
- InDesign crashes while working on a document, if the underlying link resource for a link is missing.
- Inconsistent state of idml data causes it to crash on opening.
- [Win only]- InDesign crashes on packaging a book for print having missing document/documents.
- [MAC only]- InDesign hangs while opening certain InDesign files through InDesign Book.
- [Win only] - InDesign crashes on launch due to insufficient user level permissions for Microsoft VCRuntimes.
- InDesign crashes while moving or anchoring images in some documents.
- InDesign crashes while saving a file on a network location, such as NAS server.
- Opening a file saved to ‘BOX’ results in consistent protective shutdown until network is restored.
- [Win only] - InDesign crashes while saving a file successively to Creative Cloud Files folder.
- InDesign does a protective shutdown on closing a document after editing it using Edit Original from the Links panel, if a modal dialog is about to pop up.
- InDesign crashes/freezes while copy pasting a text frame, if the system has a keyboard shortcut application, such as Keyboard maestro.
- InDesign crashes while saving a document containing a link located in one of the dual mounted drives.
- InDesign crashes while exporting some indd documents to IDML.
- InDesign crashes while exporting tagged PDF if the documents have improper indexes.
- InDesign crashes while re-linking missing InCopy stories with ‘Show Threaded frames’ option turned on.
- InDesign crashes while switching back to the original document after doing ‘Edit Original’ for a placed indd file in it.
- InDesign crashes when text is copied from InDesign to other application.
- [Win only] - InDesign crashes when Libreoffice Calc data is in the clipboard.
- InDesign crashes while moving an inline anchored object to another position in a specific scenario.
- [Win only] - InDesign crashes while trying to open the context menu or Edit menu, if something is copied to the clipboard from OpenOffice.
- InDesign crashes while copy-pasting large table containing word files having endnotes.
- [Mac only]- InDesign crashes on drag-and-drop of custom data from CEP panels.
- InDesign crashes on relinking a story while keeping the Notes panel open.
- [Win only] - InDesign crashes on minimizing the app while Opentype panel is open.
For general Adobe Forums, visit http://www.adobe.com/go/forums.
To find help on topics related to downloading, installing, and getting started with your software, visit http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup.
For product Help plus community-based instruction, inspiration, and support, visit http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_InDesign_support_en.