As Adobe continues to refocus on developing products and solutions that provide our customers with the most value, we are now announcing the end of new feature development for Adobe Muse CC.
On March 26, 2018 we will release the final feature improvement release of Adobe Muse. We will continue to offer technical support to all active Creative Cloud customers until March 26, 2020.
Adobe is committed to delivering exceptional software and services to our customers. It is in our nature to innovate and try new things, and it was in this spirit that we started developing Adobe Muse eight years ago. While we’ve been deeply committed to the Adobe Muse vision, we’ve come to recognize trends in website creation that have led us to evolve our strategy:
- Designers that are actively engaged in creating complex websites and applications are investing in UX design and prototyping skills while partnering with development teams to bring their designs to life.
- For simpler websites, we’ve seen the emergence of Do-It-Yourself (DIY) website creators that use customizable templates to quickly create responsive websites that can be easily modified by the designer or a client.
We thank our users and want to help them make a smooth transition to other Adobe offerings that can solve their specific needs:
- If you are building complex websites and applications, you can now use Adobe XD. Although XD does not generate web-ready code as Adobe Muse did, XD is an all-in-one solution that allows users to design, prototype, and collaborate with stakeholders and developers to bring their websites to life. For more information, see Adobe XD.
- If you are building a website to showcase your creative work, you can use Adobe Portfolio to create beautiful portfolio websites that can also be connected to the Behance platform. For more information, see Adobe Portfolio.
- If you are building one-page websites, such as photo stories, newsletters, or landing pages, you can use Adobe Spark Page to create beautiful responsive web pages with your own unique brand. For more information, see Adobe Spark.
In addition to these offerings, Adobe is making our own investment in DIY website creation and welcomes all the Adobe Muse users to join our upcoming pre-release program for a new format that will be introduced this year as part of Adobe Spark. For more information, click here.
Does the end-of-service affect all the users?
When will this take effect?
Can the users of Adobe Muse continue to use the software and also download it again?
I know you’re no longer developing Adobe Muse, but will the program stop working on March 26, 2020 when support ends?
No, the Adobe Muse application will continue to open on your computer. You will be able to continue to edit existing or create new websites with the application. However, it is quite possible that web standards and browsers will continue to change after Adobe stops support for the application. After March 26, 2020 Adobe will no longer deliver compatibility updates with the Mac and Windows OS, or fix any bugs that might crop up when publishing Adobe Muse sites to the web.
What kind of help and support resources can I rely on going forward?
The Adobe Muse Microsite will continue to be available to users until support ends on March 26, 2020. Although no new content will be added to the Events, Tutorials, or Site of the Day pages, the Adobe Muse Widget Directory will continue to be updated with current widget availability during this timeframe.
For technical assistance, you can continue to reach out to the Adobe Muse team until the end of support date by way of Customer Care, the public Adobe Muse forum, and social media channels like Facebook and Twitter.
What happens to my existing Adobe Muse-built website? Will the site disappear?
Websites built with Adobe Muse will continue to be live on the internet if the sites are hosted on any third-party hosting platform such as GoDaddy or Bluehost (for example). Sites hosted on Business Catalyst will have to be republished to another hosting platform to remain live after March 26, 2021, when Business Catalyst hosting is no longer available. For more details, see the Business Catalyst announcement page.