Instant Movie lets you quickly create a professional-looking, edited movie, complete with titles, soundtrack, effects, and transitions by using a simple (and quick) step-by-step process. When you create an Instant Movie, Adobe PRE 11 Quick Editor analyzes your clips (if they have not already been analyzed). It applies Smart Tags as necessary, edits the clips, and applies a theme of your choice. You can personalize the theme by using your own title and ending credits. In addition, you can supply your own music or effects.
The analysis option is enabled by default. If you have disabled analysis, smart tags are not used.
Movie themes create movies with a specific appearance. For example, the Wedding Doves theme adds an elegant introduction and conclusion, flying white doves overlay, and wedding background music. The Comic Book theme creates a fun kids party video by adding stylish effects, such as Color Emboss and large artistic fonts in the title. Each theme uses a unique editing style for selecting, trimming, and sequencing clips.
The default duration for a theme is approximately 4-6 minutes. You can use Instant Movie on all of the clips in your movie. Alternatively, use it on a subset to create a montage or special feature at the beginning or end of a DVD.
You can choose various themes. You can apply all of the properties in a theme, or choose to add only a subset. Likewise, you can add a theme to an entire sequence in the timeline. Alternatively, you can choose to add it to only a single clip.
- Opening and Closing Titles: Opening and closing titles can be multiple lines. However, for best results, keep the opening title to one line.
- InstantMovie: Specifies whether you want to perform an auto edit, which automatically trims the clips and adds them to the project based on their Smart Tags. And whether to analyze clips and apply Smart Tags to them.
- Apply To: Specifies whether to apply the theme to the entire project or to the selected clips in the timeline.
- Music: Specifies whether to use the theme music, your own music (click Browse to locate and open it), or no music. You can select multiple music clips, and they are played in the order selected. Drag the slider between Music/Sound FX and My Clips to set the amount of soundtrack and audio effects used versus the sound from your clips. InstantMovie syncs with the beats of the music, so changing the song can significantly change the results. In addition, changing the song changes the duration of the movie to match the duration of the new song.
- Speed And Intensity: Enables you to control the speed of cuts and amount of effect. Click the triangle beside the Speed And Intensity option and use the slider to adjust the speed of cuts and amount of effect.
- Duration: Specifies the length of the finished movie. Match Music creates a movie to the length of the theme music. This parameter lets you specify the exact length of time by dragging hours, minutes, and seconds. Use All Clips ensures all the selected clips are used and bases the length of time on their duration.
Note: If you specify a duration that is longer than the theme music, the music will loop. If the duration is shorter than the length of the theme music, the music ends with the last clip.
- Sequence: Specifies whether clips are arranged according to the Time/Date stamp or according to the theme’s editing rules.
- Theme Content: Specifies which aspects of the theme are included in the final movie. Select or deselect any of the options. If some of your clips have effects already applied, you can choose to keep the applied effects, or remove them and apply the theme’s effects instead.
- Render Preview: If this option is enabled, the instant movie is rendered after it is created and placed on the timeline. Rendering improves the frame rate of the movie for playback.
When you create an Instant Movie, Premiere Elements Quick Editor combines all the clips into a single clip. You can break apart this combined clip if you want to edit or replace the individual clips. Use the Replace Clip command to quickly replace one clip with another without having to trim and edit the new clip to fit. Alternatively, change the effects or overlays applied to the clip.
Because Instant Movie is created using beat detect on the added music clip, changing the Audio clip may not produce a well-synced video.