The Enforced identity authentication feature requires signers to re-authenticate themselves every time they apply their signature.
The setting impacts both required and optional signature and signature block fields.
Only signature fields are re-authenticated, initial fields are not.
The setting encompasses all signers included in the agreement (internal and external).
Access to the feature is on the Bio-Pharma Settings page, and is available to all customers with an enterprise service plan.
The Enforced identity authentication feature is only available on the Bio-Pharma Settings page, which must be enabled by Support or your CSM.
For Enforced identity authentication to work, the signer must be authenticating their identity with either:
- Phone authentication (SMS) - Recommended for external signers
- Adobe Sign authentication - Recommended for internal signers
The authentication method is defined on the Send Settings page in the Identity Authentication Methods section.
Enforced identity authentication requires the signer to re-authenticate every time they apply their signature.
Upon clicking a signature field, an authentication challenge is issued. There are two possible options:
- Phone authentication - An SMS-based text that provides a five-digit code which the signer must enter before affixing the signature
When Enforfed Identity Authentication is enabled, the recipient is additionally required to authenticate when they click the Click to Sign button.
This final authentication can be removed by request to your Success Manager.
The "Enforced identity authentication" feature can be enabled at the Account level by the Adobe Sign Account Admin.
Group level settings are permitted, and will over-ride the Account level values.
To access the options, navigate to: Account > Account Settings > Bio-Pharma Settings
- Enforced identity authentication works with digital and electronic signature fields
- Each signer can have only one digital signature field, and multiple electronic signature fields
- Enforced authentication does not apply when only a Stamp is used as a signature