To get assistance from Adobe's Customer Service and Technical Support self-help pages, it's sometimes necessary to know what type of software license you have. The following questions and answers help you determine if you have a single-user or multiuser Adobe product.
Single-user products are software products that are licensed for only one user. All boxed products, for example, are single-user products.
If you personally bought the Adobe product you're using, then you probably have a single-user license. Single-user licenses are available from the Adobe Store, Adobe Customer Service via the phone, and software resellers.
You are probably using a volume license of Adobe software if you fall into any of the following categories:
- The product you are using did not come in a box, and it came with only a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM.
- Your network administrator installed your Adobe software for you.
- You downloaded and installed your Adobe software from Adobe's Licensing Website or from one of your company's internal servers.
- You have never personally met the person who purchased the Adobe product you're using.
- Everybody in your company is using the same license.
If you are not sure if you are a volume licensing customer, you can contact Adobe customer service. Be prepared to provide your Adobe product serial number.