FAQs | I lost my photos and presets in Lightroom mobile
Find answers to frequently asked questions such as I lost my photos and presets in Lightroom mobile, Will I lose my photos if I delete Lightroom, I can't access my photos, and more.
After uninstalling and reinstalling the Lightroom for mobile app, your locally stored presets and photos go missing.
Why can't I access my photos and presets?
Make sure you're logged into Lightroom on your mobile device with the correct Adobe ID that is associated with your active Creative Cloud membership. Check Lightroom on the web to see if your assets (photos and presets) have synced.
Some missing photos may be present in the Camera Roll.
If you have an active subscription and synced your photos to Lightroom Classic, you can retrieve them from Lightroom Classic.
If you connected your phone to a computer and then transferred photos to Lightroom, you might find a backup.
What can I do if I've lost photos or presets during uninstall of Lightroom for mobile?
- Assets that have not been synced and are missing after uninstalling Lightroom for mobile may be recoverable via a previous backup. If no backup exists, unfortunately the photos or presets will not be recoverable. To see if a backup exists, click the following:
- You can restore assets from a previous device. See the following articles for more information:
- Ensure that your Creative Cloud membership is active. Visit your Adobe account to check the status of your current memberships. In Lightroom for mobile, tap App settings in the upper-right (iOS) and or upper-left (Android) corner and view your subscription status under your account name.
What happens if I log out and re-log into Lightroom on my mobile?
If you sign out and sign back in with the same Adobe ID, your data will be available in Lightroom.
What happens if I delete Lightroom on my mobile device?
Check Lightroom on the web to see if your photos and presets have synced. If they're synced, you can reinstall the app and all your assets will be available. If sync has been paused, any non-synced asset could be at risk. If assets are not synced, photos and presets will get deleted when you delete the app.
What happens to my photos and presets if I clear the app data or app cache?
- If you clear the app data, photos and presets from your mobile device can be cleared. Do this only if that's fine.
- If you clear the app cache, image previews and temporary data can be deleted.
It is recommended to use the Offload Unused Apps on iOS devices to free up storage instead of uninstalling Lightroom for mobile.
What type of assets sync to Lightroom Classic?
You can sync photos only from Lightroom on the mobile app. Installed presets, however, do not sync to Lightroom Classic from Lightroom for mobile. In this case, you are at risk of losing presets during uninstall and reinstall of Lightroom for mobile.
It is recommended that you download Lightroom desktop, sync your presets from Lightroom for mobile to Lightroom desktop (an active subscription is required for this), and then export and install the presets from Lightroom desktop to Lightroom Classic.
How can I check if assets have synced?
Visit Lightroom on the web to see the up to date asset sync status.
How do I check if assets have synced from my mobile device?
Open the app and tap the cloud icon in the upper-right corner.