Bring beautiful images to light with Adobe Lightroom. Powered by the magic of Adobe Photoshop technology, Lightroom for mobile lets you craft and share professional-quality images from your smartphone or tablet.
And when you are ready to take your photography further, purchase a subscription to Creative Cloud Photography plan subscription, which lets you use Lighroom and sync photos across all your devices including your computer. You also get Photoshop CC, a customer website powered by Adobe Portfolio, and access to all the latest features as soon as they are released.
- What is Adobe Lightroom for mobile?
The Lightroom for mobile app gives you the tools you need to capture, organize, edit, and share photos on your smartphone and tablet.
Craft and share pro-quality images from your smartphone or tablet using simple yet powerful tools built with Adobe Photoshop technology. Perfect your shots in a tap with more than 40 presets. Experiment with color, adjust clarity, and add vignettes.
- What features do I get for free? What additional features do I get when I purchase a Creative Cloud Photography subscription?
The Lightroom for mobile apps give you access to all capture, organization, editing, and sharing tools available in the mobile app. When you purchase a Creative Cloud Photography subscription you get:
- The ability to use Lightroom and sync your photos on all your devices including your computer.
- Photoshop CC — the world's most powerful photo-editing tool.
- A customized website to showcase your photos powered by Adobe Portfolio.
- The ability to access the photos you have in Lightroom in other Adobe mobile apps including Photoshop Mix, Photoshop Fix, and more.
You can also try all of these for free as part of a trial for the Creative Cloud Photography plan.
- Does the mobile app work with Lightroom on my desktop?
If you are a member or have a trial of the Creative Cloud plans listed below, then the mobile app will sync photos between your mobile device and your desktop.
- Creative Cloud Photography plan
- Creative Cloud All Apps plan
- Creative Cloud Student and Teacher Edition
- Creative Cloud for teams All Apps plan
You will not be able to sync photos between Lightroom on your desktop and Lightroom on your mobile device, if you own a version of Lightroom with a perpetual license.
- How can I try Lightroom for mobile?
Visit the Lightroom for mobile getting started page, download the mobile apps, and follow the steps.
- What platforms and devices are supported by Lightroom for mobile?
Lightroom for mobile supports iOS 8.1 and later running on iPad Pro, iPad 2 and later, iPhone 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6S, 6 Plus, 6S Plus, and iPod Touch 5th Generation.
Lightroom for mobile supports phones running Android 4.1.x and later.
Ensure that the Android phone on which you want to install Lightroom for mobile meets the following system requirements:
Minimum system requirements
- Processor: Quad Core CPU with 1.5 GHz frequency and ARMv7 architecture
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal storage: 8 GB
- Android OS version: 4.1.x and later
Recommended system requirements
- Processor: Quad Core CPU with 2.2 GHz frequency and higher ARMv7 architecture
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal storage: 8 GB and above
- Android OS version: 4.1.x and later
- Which languages is Lightroom for mobile available in?
Lightroom for mobile is available in English, French, German, Japanese, Italian, Brazilian, Portuguese, Korean, ans Simplified Chinese.
- What file formats does Lightroom for mobile support?
Lightroom for mobile supports JPEG and PNG image formats captured by your mobile device camera and synchronizes them with Lightroom desktop. Lightroom for Android also supports the DNG image format. Lightroom for iPhone and iPad supports the native video format captured by your mobile device camera and synchronizes them with Lightroom desktop.
The Lightroom desktop app supports file formats including raw images from virtually any DSLR camera, JPEG, and PNG files. Lightroom automatically renders a smart preview of your raw photos and syncs that smart preview to your mobile device. Smart previews are smaller versions of your original raw file that retain all the flexibility of a raw file at a fraction of the size. The original files remain on your desktop and are not stored, synced, or used by Lightroom for mobile.
- What happens to my synced images when my Lightroom trial or subscription ends?
You maintain complete ownership of your images at all times. However, if you subscription ends, you will no longer be able to view, edit, or sync you photos in Lightroom on mobile devices. With Lightroom on your iPad and iPhone, you can continue to view and edit your photos for free, but you will lose access to syncing capabilities across your devices. You can continue to view and edit your photos using Lightroom desktop.
- Does syncing images to Lightroom for mobile use a portion of the cloud storage I get with my Creative Cloud membership?
No, the images synced with Lightroom for mobile are not counted as part of your cloud storage.
- What is the limit for files synced with Lightroom for mobile?
There is no limit on the number of photos and videos you can sync to all your devices.
- Can Lightroom for mobile be used as a backup service?
No; Lightroom for mobile is not a backup service.
- Does Lightroom for mobile store my original image files online?
Lightroom for mobile is designed to sync photos between your computer and mobile devices. To make this possible Lightroom stores JPEG, PNG, video, and DNG (Android version only) files in the cloud. You should not use Lightroom as a cloud backup service as Lightroom is optimized for fast and easy syncing and not safe and secure backup.
- How does Lightroom sync the raw files I have stored on my computer or external hard drive?
When you sync raw files from Lightroom CC on your desktop to Lightroom for mobile, Lightroom automatically renders a smart preview of your raw photos and syncs that smart preview to your mobile device.
Smart previews are smaller versions of your original raw file that retain all the flexibility of a raw file at a fraction of the size.
- Why does use of sync with Adobe Lightroom for mobile require a Creative Cloud membership?
An extensive cloud infrastructure is required to sync image data and edits between the desktop and mobile devices. Given that Creative Cloud already provides such an infrastructure, as well as a membership plan specifically for photography enthusiasts, Creative Cloud was a good fit for powering the sync of photos and edits across Lightroom for mobile, desktop, and the web.
- Can I import raw files transferred to my device using the Camera Connection Kit or Wi-Fi into Lightroom for mobile?
No. You can't import raw photos into Lightroom for mobile using the Camera Connection Kit or over Wi-Fi.
- How many desktop catalogs can I sync Lightroom for mobile with?
You can only sync one catalog between Lightroom CC on your desktop and Lightroom for mobile.
Before switching your synced catalog, ensure that all items have fully synced with your desktop Lightroom catalog.
- How can I tell if my Android device supports capturing in the DNG raw file format?
Beginning with version 2.0, Lightroom for mobile supports DNG raw image capture on devices running Android versions 5.0 (Lollipop) and later. However, this capability is available only on those devices that support capturing DNG raw images. Support for DNG capture is enabled/set solely by the device manufacturers.
To check if your device supports DNG capture:
- First ensure that your device is running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or later and that you have Lightroom for mobile 2.0 installed.
- Open the Lightroom in-app camera and check for the file format badge at the bottom-right of the viewfinder, which defaults to JPEG.
- If available, you can tap on the file format badge to switch between the JPEG and Raw options, which captures the images in DNG raw format.
- If you do not see the badge, you may wish to contact your device’s manufacturer to request that they add support for DNG raw capture.
Use Adobe Lightroom for mobile
- How do I get started with Lightroom for mobile?
Visit the Lightroom for mobile getting started page, download the mobile app, and follow the steps.
- How can I get help using Lightroom for mobile on my devices?