Bring beautiful images to light with Adobe Lightroom. Powered by the magic of Adobe Photoshop technology, Lightroom for mobile enables you to craft and share professional-quality images from your smartphone or tablet.
And when you’re ready to take your photography further, our 30-day trial of the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan enables you to view, organize, edit, and share your photography across mobile devices, desktop, and the web. It’s all your photography—all in one place.
- What is Adobe Lightroom for mobile and whom is it for?
The Lightroom on mobile app gives you the tools you need to capture, organize, edit, and share photos on your smartphone and tablet.
With a 30-day trial, or as subscriber to the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan, you can also edit everything from smartphone photos to raw images from DSLR cameras using Smart Previews, and access those images across devices. Photos that are edited on mobile are automatically synced with Lightroom on your desktop and the web. Lightroom for mobile is not a backup service and cannot sync original photos between Lightroom on multiple desktops.
- What do I get for free in comparison with the 30-day trial/paid subscription of Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan?
The Lightroom iPad and iPhone apps give you unlimited free access to all capture, organization, editing, and sharing tools available in the mobile app in the 30-day trial. To unlock anywhere access and syncing of your Lightroom photos across devices; access Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC to take your photography further; share your photos in beautiful web galleries; or automatically access all your Lightroom photos in Photoshop Mix, Fix, Voice, Slate, and Premiere Clip; you must sign up for a 30-day trial or subscribe to the Creative Cloud Photography plan.
- Do the mobile apps work with Lightroom on my desktop?
Yes, the mobile app works with Lightroom on your desktop. The Lightroom iPad, iPhone, and Android phone apps are included as part of the following Creative Cloud membership plans:
- Creative Cloud Photography plan
- Photoshop Photography Program
- Creative Cloud All Apps plan
- Creative Cloud Student and Teacher Edition
- Creative Cloud for teams complete plan
You can use the mobile apps for free on your iPad or iPhone, or access the Lightroom desktop app with a 30-day trial. However, to continue syncing your photos across devices, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, and Lightroom on the web, you will need a Creative Cloud membership plan with Lightroom 5.4. Choose Help > Update from within Lightroom on desktop to ensure that you have the latest update.
Lightroom 5 and 6 perpetual licenses do not include access to the Lightroom iPad, iPhone, and Android phone apps.
- How can I try Lightroom for mobile?
Visit the Lightroom for mobile getting started page, download the mobile apps, and follow the steps.
- What platforms and devices are supported by Lightroom for mobile?
Lightroom for mobile supports iOS 8.1 and later running on iPad 2 and later, iPhone 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, and iPod Touch 5th Generation. Additionally, you need Lightroom 5.4 for Windows or Mac OS X.
Lightroom for mobile supports phones running Android 4.1.x and later. Additionally, you need Lightroom 5.4 or later for Windows or Mac OS X.
Ensure that the Android phone on which you want to install Lightroom for mobile meets the following system requirements:
Minimum system requirements
- Processor: Quad Core CPU with 1.5 GHz frequency and ARMv7 architecture
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal storage: 8 GB
- Android OS version: 4.1.x and later
Recommended system requirements
- Processor: Quad Core CPU with 2.2 GHz frequency and higher ARMv7 architecture
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal storage: 8 GB and above
- Android OS version: 4.1.x and later
- Which languages is Lightroom for mobile available in?
Lightroom for mobile is available in English, French, German, Japanese, Italian, Brazilian, Portuguese, and Korean.
- What file formats does Lightroom for mobile support?
Lightroom for mobile supports JPEG and PNG image formats captured by your mobile device camera and synchronizes them with Lightroom desktop. Lightroom for Android also supports the DNG image format. Lightroom for iPhone and iPad also supports the native video format captured by your mobile device camera and synchronizes them with Lightroom desktop.
The Lightroom desktop app supports file formats including raw images from virtually any DSLR camera, JPEG, and PNG files. Lightroom creates and syncs Smart Previews between your desktop and mobile device. Smart Previews are representations of your original images that allow you to make non-destructive edits—edits that allow you to always revert to your original image. The original files remain on your desktop and are not stored, synced, or used by Lightroom for mobile.
- What happens to my synced images when my Lightroom trial or subscription ends?
You maintain complete ownership of your images at all times. However, if you subscription ends, you will no longer be able to view, edit, or sync you photos in Lightroom on Android devices. With Lightroom on your iPad and iPhone, you can continue to view and edit your photos for free, but you will lose access to syncing capabilities across your devices. You can continue to view and edit your photos using Lightroom desktop.
- Does syncing images to Lightroom for mobile use a portion of the cloud storage I get with my Creative Cloud membership?
No, the images synced with Lightroom for mobile are not counted as part of your cloud storage.
- Does Lightroom for mobile store my original image files online?
Lightroom for mobile syncs original JPEG, PNG, and video files captured by your mobile device camera in the Creative Cloud. Lightroom desktop creates and syncs images to the cloud in the form of Smart Previews. Smart Previews are smaller versions of your original files, roughly 1.5 or 2 MB in size, that retain all the flexibility of a raw file. Changes made to smart previews automatically sync with your originals. The original files remain on your desktop and are not stored, synced, or used by Lightroom for mobile. As such, Lightroom for mobile should not be used as a backup service.
- Does Lightroom for mobile store my original video files online?
Lightroom for mobile syncs original video files captured by your mobile device camera with Creative Cloud. You can add videos from your mobile device into collections, and then view and share them across your mobile devices, desktop, and the web. Video imported or created on Lightroom desktop cannot be synced with Lightroom on mobile devices or the web.
- Can Lightroom for mobile be used as a backup service?
No; Lightroom for mobile is not a backup service. Lightroom desktop does not sync your original raw files with the cloud and with Lightroom for mobile. Lightroom desktop creates and syncs images with the cloud in the form of Smart Previews. Smart Previews are smaller versions of your original files, roughly 1.5 or 2 MB in size, that retain all the flexibility of a raw file. Changes made to Smart Previews automatically sync with your originals.
- Why does use of sync with Adobe Lightroom for mobile require a Creative Cloud membership?
An extensive cloud infrastructure is required to sync image data and edits between the desktop and mobile devices. Given that Creative Cloud already provides such an infrastructure, as well as a membership plan specifically for photography enthusiasts, Creative Cloud was a good fit for powering the sync of photos and edits across Lightroom for mobile, desktop, and the web.
- Can I import raw files transferred to my device using the Camera Connection Kit or Wi-Fi into Lightroom for mobile?
Lightroom for mobile does not support direct raw file import using the Camera Connection Kit or Wi-Fi.
- What is the storage limit for files synced with Lightroom for mobile?
Since Lightroom for mobile does not store your original image files, but instead syncs Smart Previews, there is no limit to the number of images you can sync.
- How many desktop catalogs can I sync Lightroom for mobile with?
You can sync Lightroom for mobile with a single catalog. If you choose to switch your sync catalog, all of your synced content is deleted from Lightroom for mobile and Creative Cloud.
Before changing your synced catalog, ensure that all items have fully synced with your desktop Lightroom catalog.
Use Adobe Lightroom for mobile
- How do I get started with Lightroom for mobile?
Visit the Lightroom for mobile getting started page, download the mobile app, and follow the steps.
- How can I get help using Lightroom for mobile on my iPhone, iPad, or Android devices?